Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 3:49:36 PM EDT
I'm looking for some opinions/recommendations on a horizontal mag carrier for G21 13 rd mags.

I appreciate any info that you can provide
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Dale Fricke Joab.

I have one...it works.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of these for spare g19 mags.

ETA: whoops, you said horizontal nm.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad you ask for opinion's and you just get a bunch of equipment without explanation (The joy of forums).

I have been teaching Mil,LE and Civ for a long time. We utilize horizontal magazine carriers but only as a matter of exclusion for better deployment options. Unless you are unformed and need clearance on a duty belt, theirs not a lot of support meriting a horizontal carrier above a traditional one.

In regards to civilian use, one of my most experienced students wears a horizontal carrier in the 6 0'clock position.  Im not a fan of it because it can really injure a shooter in the event of a fall or trip, but alas, it works for him.

At the end of the day, I would submit that a traditional design is more practical and more anatomically sound to employ under stress. If you have a bonifide reason for needing one, there's no qualm on my part. Just ask the real question of why.

Our team (T3main.com) utilizes a Veteran owned and operated company out of Colorado  that is local to us. They really allowed us to put alot of design features into thier products that we have been asking for in the MIL and LEO community for some time. It's www.lsholster.com if you need some good work done.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
This is what your looking for. I've been using one for 10yrs, I carry it just left of my belt buckle. It's hides well and isn't expensive.
Safariland horizontal mag carrier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top