Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 6:07:48 AM EDT
I'm looking into carry belts for my dad. He's frugal in certain areas, but he's finally coming around when it comes to quality gear. He's going to be using a Bianchi 57 OWB holster and now needs a belt.  Every time I mention the typical leather CCW belt prices, he kind of groans. I'll admit that a $70-$80 starting price isn't all that appealing to many, but I know it's quality that will last for years.

I've read some review about Hanks Amish belt (Hanks Amish belt) and many people seem to think it's pretty decent. Problem is I don't know if these reviews are from someone who carries everyday, from people who just got the belt and barely wore it or someone who's had it for years and then decided to give it a thumbs up.

So, does anyone have one of these belts and can comment on it's rigidity, how long you've had it and how well it's holding up?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for about  2 years. I consider it to be the very minimum* in terms of IWB or pocket carry for handguns. It's not the stiffest, and I'm considering getting a stiffer belt. It IS better than the average dress belt.

*I've changed my opinion downward somewhat in recent months.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had one for a few years, and it's pretty beat down (major warping). Looking back, I'd go with something more heavy duty.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there really any decent leather options available that don't start at $70? I have a 5.11 belt, but the fake leather covering has chipped away and looks terrible, so I'm definitely not recommending that to him. I use Wilderness 5 stitch belts myself, but he only wants leather.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there really any decent leather options available that don't start at $70? I have a 5.11 belt, but the fake leather covering has chipped away and looks terrible, so I'm definitely not recommending that to him. I use Wilderness 5 stitch belts myself, but he only wants leather.
View Quote
http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/Dress-Belts_c_17.html

mine's an "E" I think and has stood up 6 or 7 years now
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks like a good option to show him. Have you carried OWB with it?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of Hank's Amish CCW belts and I have had them for a few years. The belt is thick leather and I carry a IWB Crossbreed Super Tuck. I also have a Raven Concealment OWB holster and I sometimes wear it but typically I wear a IWB holster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received mine in the mail today. Is anyone else's Amish belt have the logo stamped on the outside finish and when I put the belt on with the buckle on my left the logo would be upside down even.... It doesn't seem right and I'm waiting a response from them, just figure I ask around anyway
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just received mine in the mail today. Is anyone else's Amish belt have the logo stamped on the outside finish and when I put the belt on with the buckle on my left the logo would be upside down even.... It doesn't seem right and I'm waiting a response from them, just figure I ask around anyway
View Quote

That's how it is on mine. Doesn't bother me since it's on the inside so I rarely see it. Your post was the first time I noticed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
spend the money...go beltman
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one, and have been wearing it for about 2 years.  Its held up well, no complaints and I don't plan on replacing it any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had one for about 3 months now and it's holding up fine. I used to make concealed carry belts. I used two 8oz pieces of leather glued and sewn together for a total of a 1/4" think. The Hanks Amish belts are one piece 1/4 thick and should hold up just fine for a number of years. The price is excellent also.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#13]
sorry double post
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I use one everyday & its 2-1/2 year old doing great, it this one wears out I'll be buying another

Edit I think it was like 40 bucks can beat it in my book
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#15]
As mentioned before, you'll wear a good gunbelt for years...invest the extra 40 bucks.

Go Beltman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top