User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I refuse to leave my handguns at home when I drop my child off to school.

FL should change this stupid ass law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is something I always think about. History has continued to show that 'Gun Free Zones' do NOT stop criminals, especially criminals with guns. Does anyone, or has anyone carried in a 'Gun Free Zone'?
I personally do not carry my gun in these areas, but I always have my back up knife and spray, just curious to here other opinions on this.

Where you drop your child off at a Florida school is no longer a gun free zone.
Either carry concealed and don't get out of the car or
carry according to the castle doctrine.

I have always carried concealed when picking up our grand daughter even before the law was changed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If there are no metal detectors or pat downs, I carry. Concealed means concealed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I see it every once in a long while, they always get a look from me just long enough so I can see what they are carrying - curiosity and all that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not illegal to have a gun in your vehicle on school property.  I routinely do training at primary schools here in Florida.  I leave my gun in my car without fear of prosecution.

790.115(2)(a) A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:

1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;
2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or
3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.

And........

790.25 (5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

So it don't matter if I have a handguns on my possession while dropping off daughter to school.

Thank God its her last year.

BTW has this law been changed in last few years?

I like it better in IN. permit 18 carry in bar cool. open carry cool .  BTW I know of nobody who open carries  when I lived IN..
I see it every once in a long while, they always get a look from me just long enough so I can see what they are carrying - curiosity and all that.

I saw a strange guy open carrying here in SWF and the bookstore that I go to. man he was strutting around acting like he was the man. LOL  God I wish there was a way to get rid of those types.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have always carried concealed when picking up our grand daughter even before the law was changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is something I always think about. History has continued to show that 'Gun Free Zones' do NOT stop criminals, especially criminals with guns. Does anyone, or has anyone carried in a 'Gun Free Zone'?
I personally do not carry my gun in these areas, but I always have my back up knife and spray, just curious to here other opinions on this.

Yes I keep it hidden under Tshirt and never get out of my car but do talk to the leo who stands at the curb.

When I moved to Punta Gorda I thought it would be a nice small town.  Cops at school boy have things changed.

I use to take my rifle and shotgun to school  all the time. Yes I left in the car/truck but it wasn't a big no no.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I should point out that it's now OK to carry in Yellowstone National Park. Grizzly country.  Now there's wolves there too, so gutpiles, etc.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I rely on common sense and a strong inclination to care for my family.  I'm no criminal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
In my state (California) the only places you legally can't carry are government buildings. Our CCW's are issued by your local county sheriff/police chief. When I was taking my class taught by the sheriff, they said concealed means concealed and no one should know you have one. If you are at a please and they do discover you have a pistol on you, all they can do is ask you to leave. If you leave when asked, they can't do anything else to you. If you don't you can get charged with trespassing and then the sheriffs office will be pissed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought I should point out that it's now OK to carry in Yellowstone National Park. Grizzly country.  Now there's wolves there too, so gutpiles, etc.
View Quote

Flying there on Sunday and taking the Glock 19. It won't do me any good against an apex predator, but it might give the missus enough time to get away while I die a horrible, bloody death.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have had a license to carry a concealed weapon for close to 35 years now I carry my weapon any place I want  except places with metal detectors.I have always had 2 personal rules "If you treat me like a criminal I will act like a criminal" and "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".
View Quote

Never mind....thought this was GD
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top