Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2014 5:18:37 PM EDT
I tried with an OWB during the fall.  Heavy.  Constant concern about printing.  Only carried under a coat in the end.  Last straw, was out for a walk in the nature reserve with the pup.  Pup desided to start running, and as I ran too, it was just too big and havy on there.

Ended up going with a Nano for CCW.  It is fine, but I missed the DA/SA trigger.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a used NIB P239.  Yea, turns out there is such a thing.  Waiting for my IWB Aliengear crossbreed to arrive prior to carrying.  I do shoot it faster/better than the Nano, by allot!

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing here. Carry a P226 with a tlr-1 in a Raven IWB sometimes, but it's a pain to carry. I hate nanos, don't shoot them well, don't trust them in a gun fight. Got a P239 cause I really like having a hammer and DA/SA. Only been carrying in a thin Galco IWB leather holster, I like it at appendix and 4 o'clock. I have a Ranger belt and I can walk around, drive and move around great.... hardly think of the gun. I have a JM Kydex appendix holster and an Alien Gear holster on order now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That why I like the 1990`s P229 in 40cal .   Easy to hide because of the slight height difference.   Gen 1 Blade tech IWB  with a straight drop and a full guard.

Lately been packing a HK P30S V3 9mm with TLR-1

In a custom made IWB by JM / Tony.

Based on his V3 IWB

Straight Drop , Full guard , low ride, pull the dot loops.

I carry at 3:00 so Im able to draw my pistol if driving or sitting / out to eat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Different strokes, I guess. I'll put up with a little weight to have nice warm, fuzzy feelings. Course, at my age and condition (bad back) I ain't running any marathons, either.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked into a mk 25 with the intention of carrying... Ended up with a TRP instead. Heavy but I can keep it hidden easily with jeans and a t shirt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a P226R or P227 in a Kramer #3 Horsehide with a Ares Aegis belt as my EDC. They carry quite well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top