Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 3:04:58 PM EDT
I was reading the thread about skinny folks and big weapons. What about those of us who "are not" skinny? I have never carried anything but my LCP concealed ever. IWB, at about 4 oclock. I carry it in a crossbreed supertuck, which i love. ANYWAY....If i were to start carrying my g19, how, where, and in what would you recommend? i'm 6'2", and about 270. Not super chubby, but definately not skinny. I usually wear t-shirts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hefty. I carry AIWB. No printing even with a full size M&P or Glock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using the Minotaur MTAC at 3ish o'clock with my G17.  The only printing issue I'm having is my shirt is sometimes not long enough and can get caught on the grip.  

I am a fairly hefty individual as well.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 6'-0" and vary from 200-210.  My EDC is a 5" .45 Kimber in a Don Hume belt slide OWB.  I wear jeans and XL Harley T-shirt 7 days/wk.   Oklahoma has open carry, and I don't, but I don't have to worry if it does print every now and then, altho' after carrying all these years, I think 99% of folks are oblivious to other folks carrying.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Husky one here and I carry my XD40 sub in a Galco King Tuk.  I plan to move on to an M&P Shield in a Crossbreed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm right at 6' and 275lbs...well...more like 5'11" and 285lbs.  I'm all belly with no butt and a short 30" inseam.  I asked the same question in the general handgun forum a week ago.

A lot of people recommended the usual:  MTAC, KingTuck, Old Faithful, Crossbreed, etc.   One guy suggested having it custom made with extra leather covering the WHOLE gun (handle and all) which looked comfortable (email if you want me to forward the email with pics and links to the maker).  The most glowing recommendation I got was for the Silent Thunder Fusion holster.  Since I know that carrying my G19 is probably NOT going to be comfortable enough to do every day, I think I'm going to get the Silent Thunder Fusion for my SHIELD.

I bought a good looking King Tuk for the G19 off ebay for $35-$40, so we'll see if that helps with selling me on IWBing a G19 (which seems like it's going to be tough, especially with sitting).
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Tall(ish) and skinny dude here (6' ~140). I carry a fullsize S&W M&P9 with a Streamlight TLR-1 OWB in a Bravo Concealment Patriot Holster. OWB is super comfortable with a good gun belt (I have an Original SOE gear low-profile EDC belt that I love). Sometimes I'll wear a cover garment, usually just a t-shirt or a button up though. With a open front shirt/zip up coat/etc. printing is minimal. With just a t-shirt I can print pretty bad, but people really don't notice shit (they are all too absorbed with themselves and their devices). My state is an open carry state (which I do when I am riding my bicycle, just cause it's more convenient), so I don't really worry about printing or carrying my gun openly, other than the fact that I do need to be a little bit more aware of my surroundings (firearms retention is critical).
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
6'2", 210. I carry a G19 in an INCOG AIWB. Throw a tshirt over it and the gun disappears.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
5'11" 220lbs Carry my Sig P220 with a light in a BC RTT OWB holster. Position from 2-4 o'clock pending what Im doing. Also have the IWB clips for the holster and positioning is the same. Carry a Ruger SP101 2" in a Tagua 4-in-1 in the same spots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#10]
6'2" & 220ish

G23 in a raven concealment style kydex holster IWB. S&W 442 in a foxx hybrid. G35 in a Bladetech Razor.

No one is the wiser.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for the replys everybody. I just wanna say that i dont know how the hell so many people appendix carry. How do you ever sit down without poking yourself in the junk?  tried appendix carry once. it was in a cheapo holster, but it didnt last an hour because of all the ball pokin!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they have more room in the "junk" area?
View Quote

Maybe we can wear our pants at hip level because there isn't any back,side, or belly fat...

Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I am 5'8" and 300 lbs. I carried a G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3 o'clock. I now carry a G26, but that's a whole other story. G19 concealed well and no problem from the "muffin top." In fact it probably helped conceal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#15]
as mentioned above, I had a custom holster made.
I always hated how some of the gun cut into me.
so I had more leather added.
never really understood the minimalist attitude on the leather.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
as mentioned above, I had a custom holster made.
I always hated how some of the gun cut into me.
so I had more leather added.
never really understood the minimalist attitude on the leather.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff216/andrewshsia/front_zps31075fef.jpg
View Quote

Though I have never had any problems, I kinda like the amount of leather you have on that holster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm large, also, and my EDC is -- as I stated a few minutes ago, a full-size 1911, primarily carried SOB because even a T-shirt covers it without printing.
Over the years, including a couple of decades ago when revolvers were the primary carry weapon for duty weapons, and before concealed carry was legalized for civilian carry, I would usually either ankle-carry or shoulder holster a K-frame smith, or a 4-inch S&W 629, etc., in a cross draw . Obviously, these latter carries required at least a light jacket, but I didn't have to worry about printing unless I was working undercover.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I've carried glocks, M&Ps, HiPower, all about 330-4 in Raven, CTAC, and a few others. That's where its comfy for me, farther back it pokes and digs and is not good for me. I tried Small Kahr AIWB and it wasn't comfortable at all, but I am going to try my shield when I get the holster.

6'2, about 220.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm rather large, also. And usually carry my full-sized SA 1911 S0TB, without it printing, even in a T-shirt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I am just about your size OP...my carry is either one of my 1911s, an H&K 45c, or my G19.

They are all carried IWB in either a Milt Sparks Summer Special II, or a VM2. Or, if I am feeling kydex/know I'm going to be in an area where I might get wet or something, carrying in a Comp-Tac Infidel with belt loops. I wear around usually 4:00.

I also usually carry at least one spare mag, OWB, in a Comp-Tac mag carrier.

They all disappear just fine...loose t-shirt, and usually an overshirt of some kind, untucked and only the bottom few buttons done (actually, usually I only button a couple buttons starting from the 3rd or so button up, depending on the shirt). Just make sure a) your pants are large enough to accommodate the extra width...I usually buy my pants +2 because of this, and b) you have a proper belt to keep it all up. A Wilderness Instructor's Belt is my go-to.

If you don't wear on your waist...you should. Wearing low-cut jeans just makes it uncomfortable and things seem to want to slide down a lot more.

Unless you're doing jumping jacks and/or reaching to the top shelf and your shirts aren't long enough to keep the thing covered, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
my thicker friends, outside the waistband high rise style with a good bit of cant. I think comp-tac made theirs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]
6' 3" 285. P229 in a galco avenger at 3 to 4oclock. Prints like a sumbitch. But don't give a damn.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe they have more room in the "junk" area?
View Quote

I think that's what those little .22 derringers are for, about the only thing that would fit.

But I'm about 5'11" and 270 lbs, and I carry IWB around 3:30, 4:00 with either a Sig 2022 or a 1911 depending on how baggy of a shirt I'm wearing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top