Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to send in fingerprints in SC with my application.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't have to be fingerprinted, then I would say, "Don't be."
Why contribute more personal information to a State database than you are compelled to provide?  
Don't help the government to know more about you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FL does electronic fingerprinting also, but our permits are $117 for only seven years.

I am really jealous of Indiana's lifetime permit...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indiana requires them. Not only that, they must be electronic fingerprints. All applications are online, as well.

I did prints for IL. As a result, I was able to apply 1/2, in the early group. I should have my CCL in the mail today.

FL does electronic fingerprinting also, but our permits are $117 for only seven years.

I am really jealous of Indiana's lifetime permit...

Don't feel bad, IL is $150 for the permit and it is only good for five years.  Plus we have an FOID card that needs to be renewed at a different time as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Iowa doesn't require prints.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
VA did about 3 years ago, not now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
KY takes prints... I can't believe IL gives the option, figured it'd be required regardless
View Quote

There is no requirement for Finger Prints to be filed with an application or a renewal for a CCP in Ky I am sure if send them to them on your own they will take them.  But are the required, no.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
sherffis dept fingerprints you in NC.  they have some machine like a scanner that they use so no ink.  doesnt speed up the process though
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Aren't fingerprints required for a FOID in IL?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aren't fingerprints required for a FOID in IL?
View Quote

No, they are not.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
No prints or photos in the Free State of South Dakota. Just a SD driver license and $10.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:16:58 AM EDT
[#11]
That will limit reciprocity.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Colorado has one option....no prints = no permit. Utah is the same way, I'm rather surprised you have the option.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Here in CA, my prints were taken digitally and sent to the DOJ.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No prints or photos in the Free State of South Dakota. Just a SD driver license and $10.
View Quote

One of the many reasons I love this state! My father and I are probably going to do the Utah Concealed Carry License class next time it's available around here, so we'll have to do fingerprints for that one. But then Minnesota will recognize the Utah license, which is nice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But optional on renewals
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WA requires fingerprints.

But optional on renewals

It didn't even occur to me that some would require it on renewals, that seems dumb - your finger prints don't really change that I'm aware of.  Only good reason I could think of is it would be an easy way to move over from a paper system to a digital system, but you'd only need to do that once too.

Sounds like the majority of states require finger prints.  

So did the OP spend more money to give more information to the state than required?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top