Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2011 9:13:40 PM EDT
Does anyone here use this system?  I need to be able to deep carry and have been looking at Smartcarry and other options but this seems like it might fit the bill.  I like that it seems to be more secure than the Smartcarry since the holster is made for the model of firearm you are carrying.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using the smartcarry for a few years.  Love it.  I did have to alter the holster a bit so it was more comfortable.  Basically, I narrowed it down to the shape of a pie wedge only rounded at the muzzle end.
I mostly carry an M&P9c in it, but when more form-fitting dress pants are required, my airweight j-frame fits in the same holster and really disapears.
I'm about ready to either replace my third smartcarry or go with some other deep concealment rig like the threespeed.

I almost bought the treespeed because I really like the extra bit of material which extends above the gun.  While this makes it easier to get a fast grip on the pistol, it makes it hard to conceal in the manor I use the holster most.
With the smartcarry, I'm able to tuck my shirt in behind the holster and gun and let the pants hide the gun.  The threespeed holster's extra material doesn't lend well to tucking the shirt in, but it would be great for those who go untucked.

I personally like having the ability to put my ccw permit in there as well.  It's a deep concealment holster, so no one is going to see the gun or acccidentally touch it.  Therefore, no LEO is going to be asking for my permit unless I've already drawn the extreme emergency tool to preserve a life.  As such... no LEO will be thinking I'm going for my gun when I'm retrieving my permit because the LEO will likely already have my gun...  We don't have to tell the LEO about the gun during traffic stops in this state.
I also wish the threespeed would be offered in white because that's the color of my underwear.

I've just about decided that I'm gonna go with the .Five-O holster...
http://jjracaza.com/videos/five-o-concealment-holster-commercial/

I'm just not sure it is going to be as comfortable as the softer materials used with the smartcarry and threespeeed.  I also wish it was offered in white.

There are a lot of guys out there who really frown on these holsters because of the percieved slow draw times, but as the above video shows... it's quite fast.

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm....I never thought about that little part of the holster that's sticking above the waistline in the video.  I also have to where dress pants and a tucked shirt so this might not be the way for me to go.  The Five-O holster looks interesting but I agree the hard plastic could be uncomfortable and there really isn't enough information on the website for me to justify the cost.  Looks like I Smartcarry might be the way to go.  Too bad, I really like the Threespeed but the fabric sticking above the waistline is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been emailing Joe at Threespeed about my concerns with the "draw cone" sticking above the belt line if you're dressed with a tucked shirt.  It sounds like you can tuck your shirt behind the material that would "print" so to speak.  I've been really impressed with Joe's (the owner I believe) responsiveness and helpful demeanor.  I'm still a bit concerned about being able to tuck my dress shirts behind the draw cone material but might just invest in this holster anyway.  Seems like a good carry option for untucked and might even work for a more formal situation.  I still hate the idea of having a pistol pointed at my femoral artery but this seems much safer than a soft "pocket style" holster.
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
When you get it, post up how well it works with shirt tucked behind the holster.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When you get it, post up how well it works with shirt tucked behind the holster.

Will do.  Please let me know how you like the Five-O when you get it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2011 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Received the Five-0 last week.  It's great if all you are doing is walking or standing.  Don't sit with it.  Don't bend over the filing cabinet / tool box, or pick up someone's dropped napkin.

It is comfortable enough, but the gun isn't secure enough to not pop out of position.  Also... nothing covers the trigger !!!!  I have one of those trigger guards made by Raven, so I used it and looped its lanyard around part of the Five-0 holster.

If all you are doing is walking and standing, like shown in his video's, it does stay put and allow that super-fast draw from the apendix / 12:00 position.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone there now to return it...

Anything to report on the ThreeSpeed ???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top