Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
According to the comments, VZ's assembled here in the states won't have this problem.  

But who knows if that's true?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Worth watching, next time I have mine open I'll check it for play. I've got over 1k rounds thru my VZ2008, so far no trigger issues. When I do I'll give this mod a try.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
CSA = Czech small arms or czechpoint and they have a tabbed bolt carrier to prevent the problem. There is also a trigger upgrade available for those of us that have century guns that do not have a tabbed carrier since CSA patented it from what i hear. From what i see if your gun has the gremlin i see no reason not to try this  and see if it helps. Likely cost less than a buck and 20 min of your time and the fun of taking your gun apart and putting it back together
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:28:53 AM EDT
[#4]
This video does not show the common gremlin.  The common gremlin is a timing issue where the striker follows the bolt into battery, so when the trigger is pulled nothing happens -- the striker is already forward.  Tabbing the carrier is the simplest and most robust fix.

The video shows another problem where the sear or safety walks laterally and the two get aligned and make contact, so that when the trigger is pulled, the disconnector doesn't release the sear and nothing happens.  The gun is in effect, on "safe".  The striker, however, is still cocked and ready to go.  If the sear or safety pin is tapped back into position, then the trigger will be able to release the striker.  This problem is less common than the gremlin.  The fix in the video is valid, but another solution is to remove the safety mechanism and file the groove a little wider so that if either the sear or the safety walk laterally, the wider groove will prevent contact between the two and keep the trigger in action.  In the video you can see that groove when the sear is removed.

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top