Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 8:54:43 PM EDT
Latest circular:

"CAI VZ-2008 Sporter... fixed synthetic stock, synthetic pistol grip, synthetic forearm...one 30 round magazine... may or may not include cleaning rod... $899.95"

"CAI VZ-2008 Sporter... these are no longer made, and we have a very limited number!...fixed wooden stock...one 30 round magazine... may or may not include cleaning rod... $1299.95"

Did I miss something?
(I already have a D-Technik fixed and CAI folder, just curious)

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently they aren't making any more.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Got mine just in time
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow...those jg sales prices never changed since companies like psa/aims. Etc... Were selling them for $399
Wow for that price I can buy a few vz2008s and some ammo....wait a minute that is a vz2008....LOL
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
PSA still has them in stock for $399. Nothing on PSA regarding the rifle being discontinued.

EDIT: PSA went out of stock as soon as I posted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
major ripoff
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
JG has had those prices for a long time. So nothing new. They've been that way for at least a year and a half.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Latest circular:

"CAI VZ-2008 Sporter... fixed synthetic stock, synthetic pistol grip, synthetic forearm...one 30 round magazine... may or may not include cleaning rod... $899.95"

"CAI VZ-2008 Sporter... these are no longer made, and we have a very limited number!...fixed wooden stock...one 30 round magazine... may or may not include cleaning rod... $1299.95"

Did I miss something?

View Quote

Sounds like they're not sure if there should be a cleaning rod attached to these or not.

Fucking vendors. Lol.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Well what likely the reason for their higher prices is due to the price they paid for them. I ordered one from them the day of the Sandy hook shooting for 499. Was the cheapest one you could find on that day. There was a lot of turmoil in  the industry  that we are still feeling to this day. They likely paid inflated prices for them and got all they could at the time. And selling them at a loss to compete with others is not something they appear to be willing to do. They are in business to make money not give it away. It took me something like two months for them to get me the one i ordered. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when i saw what cheaper than dirt was doing and hearing stories from people ordering guns online having their orders cancelled and being forced to pay inflated prices. More than a month went by and they hadnt charge my card for the order. I watched the price increase on them 100 bucks a week. But JG came through for me, and i feel they are an honorable company do deal with.  

Other thoughts:
My opinion the folding stock on the ones you see today are crap, fixed stock is a thing of beauty. Its worth paying more for not 400 dollars more mind you but you can get them on ebay or czechpoint and i think Apex
I like the ruger mini rifles, i had a mini 30 years ago. The best groups i got with reloads are not as good as i get with factory loads in the vz2008. Rugers sell for 700-800 bucks. I think the vz is every bit the equal of mini14s and mini30s. Just because palmetto is somehow able to sell them at 399 doesnt mean the value isnt there. Around 50% of the people i have let shoot mine went out and bought one for themselves. But nobody i have told they should get one has gotten one. Since it looks so much like an AK thats how people think of them, and since they do not use ak mags there is not reason in their minds to get one when they can have an AK.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^^ I remember clearly when jg sales had the $499 vz2008, and at the same time had the $1k up vz2008  you see currently  on their site,   I even went back and forth on each rifle to see what justifies the higher price....found nothing.  Which today still scratchin my head.  Hell i even bought a vz2008 fom jg sales way before sandy hook for $370 sumthin.  What they fail to advertise is that particular vz2008 they sent me was a POS.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Out of curiosity what made yours a POS? The one i got had a bit if rust at the end of the barrel, it did clean up. It was also missing the piece that holds the mag release pin in the receiver that i had to get from apex for like 8 bucks. I saw them as very minor issues. However i have a fair amount of mechanical aptitude, others may see them as deal breakers, but i do enjoy tinkering
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Latest circular:

Did I miss something?

View Quote

WOW for that price I'd just buy another Czechpoint CSA model. They are put together better imo.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top