Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:24:14 PM EDT
What can I expect for accuracy out of a VZ 58? I am not the best shooter by any means, but when I was trying to zero my vz yesterday, it was all I could do to get one out of five shots on paper at 50 yards. I am shooting open sights and I did notice myself flinch a few times. I am using Wolf hollow points.

Do I just need to spend more time trying to zero it or does it sound like it is more operator error (me)?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Give it more time. Start close and figure out where your sights are zeroed in presently, adjust as necessary, then move back. For the first couple clips at 50 yds, you may want to use a bench or rest (whatever you have available). This is truly a "practice makes perfect" scenario....
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just practice and condition the flinch out of yourself.  Shooting offhand, I have no trouble hitting the 1/4 lb tannerites with iron sights 4 out of 5 times at 75 yards.  Clay pigeons fear my VZ2008.

To be sure, first dial it in by bench shooting it.  Zero it at 25 yards.  That way you can make sure that it's your unfamiliarity with the gun, and not the gun itself.  Due to the bullets trajectory, you'll have to adjust your sight picture as you go further out, but you'll soon get the feel for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I was at the 25 yard range today and was on paper every time. Not MOA or anything, but I was just shooting for fun and to see if I could hit the paper. Next time, I'll focus on zeroing at 25 yards and eventually move to 50. And along the way, I'll work on removing that flinch.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are a few groups shot with my VZ2008 at 100 yards with a 3x scope. Center target was used for sight in. Think the groups could have been a bit better. The 30 round mag made getting a solid rest a little difficult.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
So which two of those four ammo choices would you recc.??  Looks like the Brown Bear and the Golden Tiger may be a bit better grouping than the other two.  Did you get about the same results with more shooting?  

What size are those four smaller circles?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]
That's been my experience as well shooting 7.62x39 thru an AR, AK & a VZ2008. GT the best followed closely by anything from Barnaul plant (Brown Bear & Monarch). RAS isn't far behind but it's consistely more expensive than other steel ammo including GT (if you can find it). Since Wolf is sourced from multiple places it's harder to categorize, although it's my understanding that Wolf isn't coming from the Tula plant anymore.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My results have been along the lines of Hilljack with  S&b Czeck ammo. 2, maybe 3 moa.  not bad, not super great.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top