Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:41:05 AM EDT
I disliked having to rotate the safety back towards me to take the gun off safe, so I took it apart and poked around and came up with this solution

The notch that I am pointing at in the picture is a notch that I cut into the safety with a dremel and file, the notch below it is the original notch that lets the trigger connector( propper name?) rise up and catch the sear to fire the weapon. After doing this small modification I can now rotate my safety in the forward or back direction to fire the gun, with the safety lever straight down still being the Safe position as usual. I havent got to test with live rounds, but hand cycling it seems to work just fine, and I can see no reason why it wouldnt work otherwise. The FCG on the VZ rifles is very simple and easy to work on compared to an AK or even an AR

I posted this in a thread on CZ forum where a guy wanted to figure out a way to reverse safety directions, but they dont get a lot of traffic over there so I figured putting this here may get a bit more views and help somebody else out
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Would a chechpoint safety work in a VZ2008? They have the notch on the opposite side so that they rotate forward for fire, instead of back like on the vz2008.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would a chechpoint safety work in a VZ2008? They have the notch on the opposite side so that they rotate forward for fire, instead of back like on the vz2008.
View Quote

I can't say for sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Never know what dimensions are different between different variants though, so I can't say without actually getting one to try out
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe that CIA designed their own sear to try to avert the gremlin. In so doing, most of the parts of the original Czech-designed sear are not there. So, I would have to say that simply buying a CZ safety would not work.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top