Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2014 1:06:15 PM EDT
So..yea. The trigger pull is close to 8-15lbs..jesus that thing sucks. Looks like a combloc surplus vz trigger too

it feels like something will come apart soon, or maybe the dreaded VZ gremlin...so far so good of course, nothing came apart after the range sessions. Any solution to this dilemma or dont fix what isnt broken?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So..yea. The trigger pull is close to 8-15lbs..jesus that thing sucks. Looks like a combloc surplus vz trigger too

it feels like something will come apart soon, or maybe the dreaded VZ gremlin...so far so good of course, nothing came apart after the range sessions. Any solution to this dilemma or dont fix what isnt broken?
View Quote

Wow I'm surprised no other vz2008 owners want to help you out here.....maybe your the only vz2008 owner with dual leaf spring....jk here's a picture since 2011
Side by side my vz2008(sold it) and my D-Techknik.  2008 on left shows the double leaf spring vs d-Technik only has one.  
What I did is press down on one spring ever so slightly(relieve tension) repeat until u get the pull weight that feels right.  For me 5lbs at the time was good enough
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Had the same thing on my vz2008. As was stated, press the springs down, it will lighten the trigger.  Mine is around 5 pounds now, as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange. The trigger on my Century build is actually really nice. It's no Geissele but it's short, light, and quite crisp. I have zero complaints about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
bend it down a little at a time way easy
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
bent mine down too just go easy
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]
My VZ2008 trigger pull is heavy but it's pretty short n clean. I've read several posts on lightening the spring but that seems to increase the chance of the 'gremlin' so I haven't touched it yet. I've thought about using a some polishing compound and a dremel to clean up the surfaces but I think my VZ trigger is still better than the G2 trigger in my WASR, which is lighter but a little sloppier and has some trigger slap.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My VZ2008 trigger pull is heavy but it's pretty short n clean. I've read several posts on lightening the spring but that seems to increase the chance of the 'gremlin' so I haven't touched it yet. I've thought about using a some polishing compound and a dremel to clean up the surfaces but I think my VZ trigger is still better than the G2 trigger in my WASR, which is lighter but a little sloppier and has some trigger slap.
View Quote

The extra spring is what Century uses to "fix" the gremlin issues. It works decently. But it's not a 100% fix like the tabbed carrier. But Century can't do the tab anymore since it's copyrighted/owned by Czechpoint/Czech Small Arms.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top