Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 6:11:32 PM EDT
I bought my first Vz back when CZ was importing them and Czechpoint was opening up the mag wells. Then a few months back I picked up a Century Vz58 with the folding stock. I have not fired the Century yet, but thought I'd post some comparison photo's. I noticed differences in the machining cuts, trigger group parts and of course the biggest cosmetic difference is the nicer paint on the CZ.

Safe and fire are reveresed

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They both look pretty nice OP. I brought my Century VZ2008 today. Looks nice, we'll see if it has issues or not.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing. I ordered one when they first came out. I thought the CZ only came in gray and the one that showed up was black. I was a little disappointed by that because I have a high emphasis on collecting. It looks beautiful though. I ended up sending it off and had an original non cut FSB with a perm affixed VZ58 muzzle braked put on. I bought a vz2008 after that mainly for the ability to play with different muzzle brakes. Both functioned fine, but the CZ was more accurate.
A few years ago I stumbled across a JG Sales add that had vz2008 packages for  $329. I dialed the phone in record time. I ordered a full beechwood stock version.  I have since sold the first vz2008 and have yet to fire the beechwood stocked version. I just checked a few months ago and it already has the tabbed bolt carrier. The CZ weapons are better built but the price on the VZ2008 is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder why some of the Centurys have the "bent in" trigger guard and others don't.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder why some of the Centurys have the "bent in" trigger guard and others don't.
View Quote

It's simply one of the parts variations that the Czechoslovakians used. Along with the front sight base, front sling loop, mag release, etc. I'm sure Century/the builder that makes them. Also including CSA and Czechpoint just use whatever part is available.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

My CZ VZ58 came with a closed globe FSB. When I had the FSB changed I made sure it was an older open front sight. I couldn't stand that closed sight blocking part of my view.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My CZ VZ58 came with a closed globe FSB. When I had the FSB changed I made sure it was an older open front sight. I couldn't stand that closed sight blocking part of my view.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying that the type of sight used should correlate with the type of trigger guard used?

Mine came with the open sights and the bent guard.

I know that's not how Century always does it but I wonder if the Czechs changed the guard along with the sight at the same time. Historically speaking.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top