Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 7:23:51 PM EDT
Which SKS stripper clips are not compatible with loading magazines inserted into the VZ-58?

Some "31"-inside-a-circle marked clips work with the VZ-58, some do not. I have found that some of those that are flat black work, a few do not, while some of the shiny black ones do. (Is this what is being sold in the green NcStar 20-packs?

The grey, parkerized, older plain "31" clips often work, but occasionally do not.

The flat black ones marked "CHINA" are almost as flawless as the ones marked "BXN" and "BXN65."

Some grey ones, with a hard to read pyramidal mark made of two letters were the most temperamental.

What was the mark on the clips that came off of the M67 Yugo ammo?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Which SKS stripper clips are not compatible with loading magazines inserted into the VZ-58?

Some "31"-inside-a-circle marked clips work with the VZ-58, some do not. I have found that some of those that are flat black work, a few do not, while some of the shiny black ones do. (Is this what is being sold in the green NcStar 20-packs?

The grey, parkerized, older plain "31" clips often work, but occasionally do not.

The flat black ones marked "CHINA" are almost as flawless as the ones marked "BXN" and "BXN65."

Some grey ones, with a hard to read pyramidal mark made of two letters were the most temperamental.

View Quote

Greetings,

I can't respond to your M67 question but I am familiar with the clips marked with "BXN" and "BXN65".  I've been told that these are Czech and by far the best strippers for the VZ58 and VZ58 Variants.  I have personally used these in my WASR 10/63, VZ2008 and YUGO SKS and I can tell you that they work flawlessly in all of the aforementioned firearms.  I have been told to avoid the "China" (either "31" or "31 inside a circle") strippers all together.  However, being the "Butt-Head" that I am, I found out the hard way.  The BEST strippers come from Europe, PERIOD. (YMMV)

Chief Bob
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Greetings,

I can't respond to your M67 question but I am familiar with the clips marked with "BXN" and "BXN65".  I've been told that these are Czech and by far the best strippers for the VZ58 and VZ58 Variants.  I have personally used these in my WASR 10/63, VZ2008 and YUGO SKS and I can tell you that they work flawlessly in all of the aforementioned firearms.  I have been told to avoid the "China" (either "31" or "31 inside a circle") strippers all together.  However, being the "Butt-Head" that I am, I found out the hard way.  The BEST strippers come from Europe, PERIOD. (YMMV)

Chief Bob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greetings,

Chief Bob

I have examples of "BXN," "BXN65," and "CHINA" marked clips and they are were indistinguishable in terms of appearance, finish, function, and waxy build up. Very puzzling.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I found a seller on Ebay selling both BXN and 31 clips in Czechoslovakia.  However, the BXN clips are "in the white" and I will have to cold blue them myself.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/~jcAAOxyUgtTOrYb/$_12.JPG

While it does not surprise me to find someone selling unfinished BXN clips in Czechoslovakia, what is the source of 31 clips?  We had thought they came from the PRC, but why are they turning up in Czechoslovakia?

Has anyone any experience with Birchwood Casey super blue?  I figure I would just have to de-grease the clips, put them into a wide mouth jar, pour in the blue, seal the jar, roll the jar around a little bit to distribute the bluing agent, and then drain the jar, and let the clips dry out.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/~jcAAOxyUgtTOrYb/$_12.JPG

As I have been going through my ammo and switching out the stripper clips for BXN and "CHINA" ones, I am testing out the circle-31 clips, loading ammo into my VZ58 and a surplus Hungarian steel 20-rounders and the PMAG AK with a stripper clip guide. 90% of the circle31 clips are passing both tests, about 95% of them, but the finish is different than the circle-31s that are frustrating everyone. One hint is that the functional circle-31s are dark, flat black and not the shiny black.  hmmm....interesting...
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top