Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2014 4:57:10 AM EDT
Seems like the Slovakian style muzzle brake is pretty popular.  Is this the best brake for reducing recoil ? What's everyone using who replaced their slant brake. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Best option, according to Czech shooters and vz.58 fan community, is Zendl.
But to be honest - this gun and round needs no brake or compensator. It only gets louder for by-standing shooters...
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I think its popular because it is what the original gun has. And it does ok at reducing recoil. Mine produces alot of flash in front of the muzzle. I wish the Special forces break was more availible.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Slovakian brake and think it works well, it does have a brighter flash but not as bad as other comps I've used.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Bohem from the pictures I've seen of Czech forces with the VZ, most don't have any brake, is that accurate?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, most don't have any brake or rather have flash hider, as mentioned above, many sport shooters prefer Zendl

my personal opinion - Slovakian, Zendl, Hermex, even slant brake - moreless the same if we speak about _muzzle stabilization_, anyway Slovakian is one of the best

note original military rifle had no brake, only option was conical flash hider for shooting with night vision scope
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks hrd for the information.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Since there are not too many 14x1 RH thread adapters, I opted for the Bonesteel selection. the FHM - style Phantom flash hider gets my vote, closely followed by the Bonesteel Night brake, then AK 74 style
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#8]
cnc warrior has a few options and adapters
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top