Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 8:19:36 AM EDT
I have a preorder for one of the Century VZ 2008s from AIM Surplus and they emailed me yesterday saying that they hope to be shipping these rifles out again within a week or so.  I don't like the slant brake on the end of these guns and want to replace it with a Czech style muzzle break.

Do the newer Century guns come with 14x1 RH threads?  I've read that some of the earlier ones came with LH threads that won't work with the Czech muzzlebrakes.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep 14x1RH
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Second that  14x1 RH  YES
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
mine came with RH
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Its my understanding *all* of the Century Vz58s come RH.  It is the Czech-point ones that come threaded the old fashioned way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought my vz2008 from aim recently and it used the standard cz issue compensator threads  M14 X 1 RH (I think very early imports were L/H threaded). I got the original style comp from cncwarrior and it looks and works great. It really tamed the cheek slap with that sharp edged metal stock. These are great rifles by the way. Mine will shoot crappy tulammo into a 2" group all day long.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys!  I went ahead and ordered a Czech muzzlebrake and a fixed stock from Czechpoint yesterday.  I got the ship notification on my gun today, so hopefully within a few days I can pick it up from my FFL.

I look forward to shooting it!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Got mine in 2014, and had to cut that Summbitch off.

It was 14x1 though
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top