Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 1:32:14 PM EDT
This PAP M92 has a VZ folding stock and a fake suppressor done by a local gunsmith I think.  The fake suppressor is pinned and can't be moved.  Does the length of the suppressor and the fact that it is pinned on take it out of the SBR category?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Only if the pin has been welded in place to make it truly permanent, per ATF specifications.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
As already stated, if the fake suppressor is properly pinned and welded AND the length from the bolt face to the end of the fake suppressor is at least 16", then yes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I put on my close up glasses and see the weld on the bottom.  But, it also looks like the barrel was drilled so that a pin on the bottom could fit into it. My camera won't focus that small or otherwise a photo to show.  Does this drilling effect the barrel over time?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
If done correctly no, not usually.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top