Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2016 7:42:51 PM EDT
I have a M92 that I'd like to suppress if there aren't too many challenges. I know i'll need to get the threads on the FSB turned down so the barrel can be threaded (1/2x28?) I'm thinking about contacting Class3Machining to do the work unless someone has other suggestions. Do I need to mess with the recoil spring or anything else so I don't batter the receiver with the extra backpressure from the suppressor?

I'm going to use a F1 can direct thread so I won't have to worry about a muzzle device for suppressor mounting, but I would like to use something when the suppressor isn't mounted. I'm currently using a Manticore Nightbrake and would like something else that will perform similarly, but I'm not sure what I'll be able to find depending on how the barrel ends up being threaded.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Dead air silencer makes the PBS-1 for the AK platform. Directs the Sound away from you and make its hearing safe. they are making all the mount options for the various AK platforms out there. Dead Air will be releasing a 26mm mount for the PAP M92 soon. I have a PAP M92 SBR as well. Save the time and go get a WOLVERINE PBS-1.

Dead Air Silencers
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I know about the PBS-1 and would go that way if I had $1000-1200 to blow, but I already have a F1 can that will work if I re-thread the M92. I picked up a 26mm to 5/8x24 adapter but I can't get it to be anywhere close to concentric so that makes me worry that I'd have similar issues with the PBS-1 as well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I know were you coming from that price you quoted seem to be the MSRP or above it. check out the link below for info on the PBS-1 mounting system that get around the barrel thread concentric issue.

recoilweb

great video about the mount.

Military arms channel

As a plus I found a good pricing for the PBS-1. Better than paying 1100-1200 then the stamp.

snakehound

I hope your F1 can does the job and that takes some skill making one of those. Hats off to ya.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if I could get the PBS-1 for $900, there's the stamp and transfer fees on top. The F1 can wasn't hard, it's just a simple freeze plug design using SDTactical parts. I need to tear it apart and notch the baffles before testing it out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had mine threaded 9/16 x 24 by jeff at AZ armory.

I've used a harvester on it, did not like it. WAY to overgassed, worse than a MK18

Since then I found a 51t adapter for my SDN6, haven't shot it yet with that can yet.

I came into this forum today to crowdsource info on an adjustable gas screw for the PAP. It is absolutely miserable to shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know. I ended up getting a lot more info on my cross-post: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_51/471167_Suppressing_a_M92_PAP_.html

I think I'll try a Wolff XP spring if/when I go down this road and see how things go.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top