Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2016 11:54:12 PM EDT
I've been out of the game for a good while, and haven't really kept current. I have had a few Yugos, and a couple with the SB47.  Ut recently I picked up another yugo that I had planned to SBR, but decided against it. I picked up a Shockwave and have decided to go that route, but am curious as to how it has to mount. I have a stormwerks hinge and a ST tube adaptor, but am not sure if threaded the received for the hinge and adaptor will create a "rifle" or not. My suspicions are yes. If so, then I will order the US machine gun hinge/rube mount that mounts under the grip the same as the SB47
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been out of the game for a good while, and haven't really kept current. I have had a few Yugos, and a couple with the SB47.  Ut recently I picked up another yugo that I had planned to SBR, but decided against it. I picked up a Shockwave and have decided to go that route, but am curious as to how it has to mount. I have a stormwerks hinge and a ST tube adaptor, but am not sure if threaded the received for the hinge and adaptor will create a "rifle" or not. My suspicions are yes. If so, then I will order the US machine gun hinge/rube mount that mounts under the grip the same as the SB47
View Quote

There has been no ruling prohibiting any particular method for mounting a brace to any handgun.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What are some recommended pistol brace attachment tube sets/ parts?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Sig Galil style brace from Atlantic Firearms on my Draco.

No issues.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It is worth noting that ATF did of course issue a letter (since someone demanded specificity so many times they had no choice) that technically shooting with a brace from the shoulder could be construed as an illegal SBR; however, provided you aren't seen by anyone doing so (as in you always use the brace as intended when in public/around strangers) then you won't run afoul of the law.

Simple possession and use of a brace doesn't constitute an SBR though.  Just mis-using it, according to the ATF letter of a couple years ago.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top