Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2016 12:54:12 PM EDT
So I did it - after many years of playing with ARs I finally broke and bought a Zastava M92 with the intent to start up an AK collection.
I found this one on Armslist. I knew I didnt want most of the add ons right away - they just didnt appeal to me. The long term intent is to SBR it and add an ACE folding stock on the end.

After picking it up at the shop, I broke it down and we put it in a sonic bath to start fresh. It looked like there was some Krylon or something sprayed on and I wanted it clean.
Having never been into the Sig Brace, I opted to try out the Shockwave Blade. Looking at the different mounting options, I reached out to Josh at Stormwerkz and he set me straight on what I needed to order.
Also, ordered a low flat mount for my Trijicon MRO. Haven't decided how I want to mount it just yet but am looking at different options. Looking at the rail the previous owner added, it was removed. Slightly canked to one side and not level. Also noted that when one of the holes were drilled and tapped, the tap apparently broke in the cover..(possibly looking for a replacement M92 top cover).

Took off the Hogue handguard and angled foregrip and put the original wooden handguards on it. I will add, I do kind of like the look (I may do a deep red stain or something, will have to research it).
I like the idea of the MI hand guards and after reaching out, I was told that they plan to have MRO specific topmounts for their M92 within a month or two - will see.. then again I really like SLI Rifleworks and have their sentry handguards on some of my ARs.
A trigger job to the ALG enhanced and submitting paperwork are next on the list.

and it now looks like this until I get the trigger,4 peice muzzle and decide on a handguard. :

I can see me getting very addicted to AKs lol.

Cheers folks,

TX_Grubby
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome OP!

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks though after trying to google some top covers - trying to find an original regular M92 topcover may be a bit of a task...

Any advice?

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks though after trying to google some top covers - trying to find an original regular M92 topcover may be a bit of a task...

Any advice?
View Quote

I chuckled when I read that you were going to look for a new top cover. Honestly, the easiest and fastest method would probably be to take it to a good welder or AK smith, and have him plug the holes and clean it up. Then if it bothers you and you find a better top cover in the future, just swap them and sell the old one cheap on AKfiles.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Seen Texas Weapons Systems top cover with integral rail? It's for Yugos.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah and Ive been debating their newer Gen 3 topcover.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top