Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 10:48:38 AM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up a 106u. I'm looking for experiences and thoughts on SBRing into a triangle sidefolder.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Well from the looks of it, you're going to have to do the trunnion swap. That's pretty pricey. I'd say as long as you're ok with the cost then do it. I personally had a bit of sticker shock when my guy told me the cost....

If it were me, I think it would be more economical to get one similar to the 104ur (in 5.56 if they offer it) and do the barrel chop
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well from the looks of it, you're going to have to do the trunnion swap. That's pretty pricey. I'd say as long as you're ok with the cost then do it. I personally had a bit of sticker shock when my guy told me the cost....

If it were me, I think it would be more economical to get one similar to the 104ur (in 5.56 if they offer it) and do the barrel chop
View Quote

The SLR pistols already have the side folder trunnion installed, IIRC they have a plate pinned to the back of the trunnion to prevent install of a stock. after removing the plate you'll also have to drill the holes in the receiver for the rear latch and drill into the front trunnion and receiver to install the front latch.
ETA: here's a thread on the files about the conversion http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222485
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I SBRed my 106u pistol. They do come with the proper trunion Turbothis I think is his name on here, drilled all the holes and intalled the front latch and all the other parts. Came out great. Good price, and very fast turn around.

James
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I SBRed my 106u pistol. They do come with the proper trunion Turbothis I think is his name on here, drilled all the holes and intalled the front latch and all the other parts. Came out great. Good price, and very fast turn around.

James
View Quote

Thanks. Triangle folder?

Do you mind sharing some pictures?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found the factory SBR 106 Krink for $1495... It's hard to price these since they are out of production. Not sure if that is a good deal or not.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, 106u ordered and headed to builder.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, 106u ordered and headed to builder.
View Quote

How much do they charge for the SBR conversion?  

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Too late now, but I found it cheaper to buy the 106UR and get the barrel cut when the stamp came in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Too late now, but I found it cheaper to buy the 106UR and get the barrel cut when the stamp came in.
View Quote

that maybe true but the 106ur with the 16'' barrel is wayyy overgassed. I wouldn't suggest shooting it until the chop, or you risk damaging the rear trunnion or causing the rivets to fail. 106u pistol is going to be more shootable until the stamp is approved.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
This place has the 106u starting at $595 https://www.gunagents.com/listing/arsenal-slr-106u-pistol-556x45-mm-krink/2108
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This place has the 106u starting at $595 https://www.gunagents.com/listing/arsenal-slr-106u-pistol-556x45-mm-krink/2108
View Quote

Two days left on the 106u

JT Grip Solutions
Holder of the only bump fire pistol grip patent
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top