Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2016 6:36:43 PM EDT
I swapped out the stock trigger on my SBR'd Mini Draco with an Elftmann drop in module.  I really love this new trigger as it is super smoothe with no take up or over travel.  However, every now and then I get light primer strikes during rapid fire (i.e. Double Taps) but if I rechamber the lite primer struck rounds they will fire the second time.  This is happening with Tula ammo as I have about 1,000 rounds of the stuff so I don't know if it will have this problem with other ammo.

ETA:  the primers have a pretty deep dent when examined, just not enough to fire the first time.

Anyone have problems with Tula?  Anyone know of 7.62x39 ammo with softer primers?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
My Mini hasn't missed a beat with any ammo.
I think I've used Wolf black box, Mil Classic, Tula, and Brown and Silver Bear.
An AK should run with any of those.
This may seem obvious, but have you tried putting the original trigger back in to see if the problem goes away?

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This may seem obvious, but have you tried putting the original trigger back in to see if the problem goes away?
View Quote

I would start here. I haven't shot much Tula but a bunch of GT. Some cases have been fine, others have had around 5 bad rounds in the case.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the set screws first, is the trigger loose? If it's loose that can cause issues. In general double check the install.  Check the bolt and insure the firing pin isn't binding at all.
If all that is good I'd contact Elftman. And see what they say.

As for ammo, wolf and most surplus has very hard primers. The first Sig556Rs had a similar issue and Sig had to instLl better hammer springs.
Some soft prefer stuff is american commercial, s&b, and yugo brass case if you can find any. Hornady steel ammo also seems ok.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the set screws first, is the trigger loose? If it's loose that can cause issues. In general double check the install.  Check the bolt and insure the firing pin isn't binding at all.
If all that is good I'd contact Elftman. And see what they say.

As for ammo, wolf and most surplus has very hard primers. The first Sig556Rs had a similar issue and Sig had to instLl better hammer springs.
Some soft prefer stuff is american commercial, s&b, and yugo brass case if you can find any. Hornady steel ammo also seems ok.
View Quote

I contacted Elftman because i tightened the screws down just the way their instructional video said to.  He told me the trigger was probably a tad loose and that I should really torque down the screws much more then the 1/4 turn they say to.  Torqued them down "a lot" and all is good now.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top