Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 2:00:04 AM EDT
Here is a video of me running my short AK at an Action Rifle match in Mesa AZ on Sunday: CLICK ME. The rifle is a Yugo M85 PAP that I SBRd last year.

I thought you guys might like to see that, in the right match format, these little guns can be competitive... I won the Iron Sight division, and (more important) beat my smart-ass son who was running an AR15 with optics. This is a great match for digging your cool-but-oddball rifles out of the back of the safe
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done, looks like a good time.  I've tried time and again to convince people it's not just about what you are using, but that you learn how to use it and use it properly.

I wonder how you would fare if they increased the distances out to 100 yards.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely done, got a pic of the weapon?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Was someone hollering "Wolverines!" at the end of the video?  Looks good!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nicely done, looks like a good time.  I've tried time and again to convince people it's not just about what you are using, but that you learn how to use it and use it properly.

View Quote

Probably not good - the iron sights on this platform are definitely more of a short-range proposition. I struggled on the pair of 18" plates at ~60 yards on Stage 3. In most 3-Gun matches I run an 18" AR15 with red dot or scope.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nicely done, got a pic of the weapon?
View Quote

The sight radius is slightly longer vs. a "real" AKS-74U, which probably helps a bit. Running 5.56 makes it easier to find ammo that does not have steel-containing projectiles (which are forbidden in most such matches). I was running my own reloads.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was someone hollering "Wolverines!" at the end of the video?  Looks good!
View Quote

LOL, yup. After confirming all targets were hit, someone else shouted "All Capitalists Neutralized"
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice, I'm waiting for F1 approval to sbr my M85pv. are you running Zastava mags or modified Galil?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Probably not good - the iron sights on this platform are definitely more of a short-range proposition. I struggled on the pair of 18" plates at ~60 yards on Stage 3. In most 3-Gun matches I run an 18" AR15 with red dot or scope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my M85, but that tiny notch is at exactly the wrong distance for me to properly align the sights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice, I'm waiting for F1 approval to sbr my M85pv. are you running Zastava mags or modified Galil?
View Quote

Zastava I assume... bought them from J&G Sales for $10 each when I bought the gun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
awesome!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:51:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle and video, thanks for sharing! Enjoyed it.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top