Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2016 5:11:52 PM EDT
So I am debating going down this rabbit hole with a Draco and SBR'ing it. But I also am thinking of SBR'ing an Scorpion EVO instead. Can only afford one right now so what say the community?

Yes I know an undergo leer could be about the same length but I want a side folder ak pistol. Give me some opinions guys, and keep it professional plz.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand the appeal of SBR'ing an AK. They are already short enough, especially a side or underfolder.

The Skorpion I own and am considering buying a stamp and stock for it. That would be sexy. And the way the gun was intended.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand the appeal of SBR'ing an AK. They are already short enough, especially a side or underfolder.

The Skorpion I own and am considering buying a stamp and stock for it. That would be sexy. And the way the gun was intended.
View Quote

My thing is I have adhd of the gun lol, I'm bad about trading X for Z, so having it as a NFA item locks me into it which I'm ok with. Thing is I can get the AK and tax stamp for the cost of just an EVO, IF I can even find an EVO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I am debating going down this rabbit hole with a Draco and SBR'ing it. But I also am thinking of SBR'ing an Scorpion EVO instead. Can only afford one right now so what say the community?

Yes I know an undergo leer could be about the same length but I want a side folder ak pistol. Give me some opinions guys, and keep it professional plz.
View Quote

The Scorpion is fairly inexpensive to feed (9mm), has cheap mags that aren't too difficult to get (at least right now), and is a ton of fun.

The Draco is fairly inexpensive to feed (7.62x39), has cheap mags that aren't too difficult to get (Surplus, or Tapco if you're trying to save money), and is a ton of fun.

Obviously you should get both.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I want both trust me, however I'm waiting on this years bonus and have to find a dang EVO in stock. But I can order a Draco today and have enough now to cover it that's squirreled away from my wife
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want both trust me, however I'm waiting on this years bonus and have to find a dang EVO in stock. But I can order a Draco today and have enough now to cover it that's squirreled away from my wife
View Quote

Are you concerned about 41F? If that's the case, probably get the Draco. Scorpions are selling out very quickly right now, so getting one before the deadline might be tough.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you concerned about 41F? If that's the case, probably get the Draco. Scorpions are selling out very quickly right now, so getting one before the deadline might be tough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a little bit of it, the other side is I already have an AR15 SBR and it needs company
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Do the AK, I love my m92 SBR.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Rifle>pistol caliber carbine
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Draco.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Picking up my M92 tomorrow, sbr paperwork will be submitted once WA's new sbr clears early June.

I was on the fence about the scorpion, but I already have an AK figured it would be easier not having to by a bunch of mags since I already have them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are missing out.  SBR'd AKs are a lot of fun and are great for something like a truck gun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I just finished SBRing my M92. I have probably about $750 total with stamp, so about the cost of just a Scorpion.

But the scorpion is next ony list for an SBR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered my Draco today, hopefully it's in next week and I can blast it next Sunday before I go on vacation. Then the hunt is on for an Scorpion, cause why the hell not right? Oh and I guess two more form 1 cans.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got my stamp back for my draco. Ordered everything except the stormwerkz hinge as its out of stock at the moment. Never saw the point of a pistol caliber carbine personally. If i had too much money maybe but idon't and not wasting money especially that much for pistol performance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
What do you need? Don't forget, the Draco/M92 route yields a short barreled RIFLE. 7.62x39 at 50, 100 or 200 yards is far more effective as an offensive/defensive round than 9mm. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of pistol caliber carbines. They are fun, cheap to shoot, and serve their purpose, but they are not a rifle. If you want cheap shits and giggles, by all means go the PCC route. If you ever think you might want/need to rely on this weapon for more, get the Draco or M92.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rifle>pistol caliber carbine
View Quote

This. Then get the pistol carbine. (semi is just a novelty anyways).

Especially since you're talking HD
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I went with the 7.62 ak vs the 9mm. I like the idea of an SBR that cheaper to plink with than my AR and packs more punch for use as my truck gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I have both.  I love both.  My suggestion is to go with the Scorpion first, IF you can find one.  If you can't, AKs are a dime a dozen and easy to find.  You can always settle for the AK.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have both.  I love both.  My suggestion is to go with the Scorpion first, IF you can find one.  If you can't, AKs are a dime a dozen and easy to find.  You can always settle for the AK.
View Quote

What?
Not that I agree with your logic but AKs are steadily increasing in price while Scorpions are coming down (I paid $758 last week) and gen 2 are rolling out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Draco is more bang for your buck

Also, I have to believe at some point AK pistols will be banned from import.

Evo is cool, but you are going to spend a lot more on it and it doesn't make your dick as hard when you shoot it as the draco does.

Draco was my first SBR.  I only paid $300 for it back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#21]
So I'm halfway there, got in the Draco, swapped out some parts for American made stuff to be "compliant"

Here it is pre SBR paperwork with a welded 5.5" muzzle device.

And the trunion was not bad to drill and tap, with just hand tools, notched the trunion with the Dremel and she's done till the ATF comes threw.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Get the Draco for sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not when you hang 8" of stainless steel can off the end of it

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top