Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 12:07:40 PM EDT
Which one should I get and which do you guys prefer?

I have no experience with the Ultimak but I really do like my MI handguards on my Draco
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the MI for the single purpose of co-witnessing the primary arms dot and couldn't be happier.  although I kind of miss the simplicity of the wood but the irons sucked balls lol.  heres a pic

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have no experience with the Ultimak but I really do like my MI handguards on my Draco
View Quote

I prefer the Stormwerkz rail on my dust cover or the TWS railed dust cover
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the ultimak, it co-witnesses and it's lighter than the MI rail (had one on my SLR 106UR)

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
that looks really good too.  I just wanted to run a vfg
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have, and prefer, the Stormwerkz rail on my dust cover - but depending on the welds and placement of your dust cover and it's rear sight connection the rail can be slightly canted to the left or right.

With a red dot mounted, my Stormwerkz rail is maybe 1-2 degrees tilted to the right when looking down the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have MI on mine and also on another AK I like them a lot as for the  Ultimak  I haven't used one before due to the MI gives you more options to mount other things on it.but is I only wanted to mount just a optic I would go with the  Ultimak  or the one that troy makes
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
manticore has a yugo version of their alfa rail in the works.  just saying.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't want to mount anything on the dust cover, I knew about the stormworks rail and it's just not my cup o' tea, I just don't want to do a permanent modification I can't later fix

I have a MI quad rail on my draco and freaking love it, but I'm wondering if it's just better to go with the ultimak and keep a wood lower handguard

Either way I want to get a red dot on this beast to get better accuracy and quicker target acquisition/engagement, it's very accurate for what it is at 100 yards
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
ultimak. but i dont hang useless shit off my AK
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top