Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2015 9:56:57 PM EDT
Is there a an after market unit available? I like the Jack Travers or JTE engineering extended mag release that I have on a Saiga and would like to install, but the M92pv mag release in riveted in place. Has anybody attempted to dill it out and replace the OEM release?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I had never seen those before, that would be nice for an M92.  I am interested if anybody has installed one as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
All factory AK's have their mag catch pins peened over, not just the M92. I replace most of my AK catches with Galil catches. You just drill off the peened over head on one side of the mag catch pin and drift it out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you use as a replacement pin, or do you reuse the existing pin? How do you keep it from drifting out if the old pin is used?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you use as a replacement pin, or do you reuse the existing pin? How do you keep it from drifting out if the old pin is used?
View Quote

If you want to use the old pin you can drill the countersink a little deeper so you can re-peen the end, but since new pins are so cheap I just use a new one each time. You can get a new pin here:

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29827

If you know someone with a lathe they can turn a headed pin with a threaded end that you thread a nut on like I did on this build:

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I fabbed up a tab w/ the intention of bolting it on to the original. Trying to see if the rock/lock angle will be impeded by the bolts.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top