Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 7:46:45 PM EDT
I recently sent off my form 1 for my draco sbr project and am starting to think about what stock to put on.  I like the vz58 folding stock and wanted to know if anyone had expierence buying one off of ebay as they are much cheaper than listed at czechpoint  (also they are out of stock at czechpoint). Are these likely legit or fake?

Also any suggestions as far as this setup or any other setup (ace etc being better) goes is welcome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I recently sent off my form 1 for my draco sbr project and am starting to think about what stock to put on.  I like the vz58 folding stock and wanted to know if anyone had expierence buying one off of ebay as they are much cheaper than listed at czechpoint  (also they are out of stock at czechpoint). Are these likely legit or fake?

Also any suggestions as far as this setup or any other setup (ace etc being better) goes is welcome.
View Quote

There is a guy on eBay from the Czech Republic selling used, surplus VZ 58 stocks for like $34 + $12 shipping.  I bought one and after a couple of weeks, it came in.  It's authentic and it was authentically used.  There is a bit of finish wear which isn't a big deal.  There's also a bit of wobbles where there is some wear between the end of the arm/beam and the backing plate.  It shouldn't be significant - seems like it will be like having a plastic stock on an AR wobble a little, but when you actually use it, it's a non-issue.  I'll know after I get my form 1 approved.  For the time being, I just am keeping the stock at another person's house.

For about an $80 savings, it's well worth it to me.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top