Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2014 3:03:44 PM EDT
Hey, I just got a CAI Draco as my first AK collection and project pistol :-) I need some help finding a muzzle device that'll eliminate all muzzle flash. I'm familiar with AR's, but I just decided to see if the grass is greener on the other side :-P

Thanks for any input :-)
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 4 piece break on my M92.  It is fantastic.  I cant see any flash.  Not sure if they make them for the Dracos though...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the offering from Manticore Arms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the offering from Manticore Arms.
View Quote

Or Echo Nine Three
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
CNC warrior, might have something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Draco-C and happened to have one of this M16A2 style AK
birdcages flash hiders as it does have the bottom port blanked and
its short. Problem I have with some of the brakes is they add length
so I live with some flash as a compromise. I would not shoot one of
these without at least some sort of break/flash hider myself.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Krebs A2 birdcage on my Draco SBR for a long time and it was very effective, cutting down on flash to almost nil. However I wanted to cut muzzle rise so I opted for the Manticore arms Nightbrake and while it's an amazing brake, the rifles back to being a flame thrower. Which is awesome in its own right!
Get a birdcage, they're compact, cheap and effective!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Smith flash eliminator on my Draco, pricy but the best out there.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I always thought a sound suppressor worked pretty well, until I saw the third shot in this video I made:

The bulgarian 4-piece muzzle devices actually remove the flash entirely. I wish I had a video of mine, I got the us-made version AK-Builder makes. CNC Warrior makes one too, but I haven't seen any in person.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Slr rifleworks Ak break. For control,  but as you see in the video it ain't hiding flash!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cU2J_4Pi7Kw
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The Bulgarian style 4-piece muzzle devices are the best for directing the muzzle blast- away from you. They have an added bonus of sending the sound away from you and stop most of the flash. If you shoot a Draco Micro from the shoulder using a SB47 brace and the standard bird cage muzzle device, you will experience muzzle blast to your face that is about like having your face about a foot from the muzzle of an AK rifle being fired. To say it is excessive is an under statement. Very unpleasant even for an experienced rifle cartridge pistol shooter. The four piece devices change it from almost unbearable to pleasant. They really make that much of a difference....If you are shooting from a single point sling and have the muzzle at least 24" away from your face then muzzle blast is not such a concern. Here are some pics of some pistols I've been playing with...

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
PKM short works well
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Manticore Eclipse, Echo 93 (the open end version), or the Krebs 4 prong.  All work really well.    I have reviews of all with night shooting on my channel if you're interested.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Here's the Eclipse:

The 4 piece krink is in here too:

Daytime shooting of the 4 Piece:

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#15]
And here are the E93 units.

AKOU review

Mr. Gunsngear review

E93's review
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of Dracos and flash hiders...what about the Mini?

Anyone find a hider that works well on a Mini Draco?  Would a Smith Vortex or E93 3 prong be worth adding to a Mini Draco or is trying to suppress the flash on them just pissing in the wind?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Hands down, IMHO, the best flash/noise/concussion device available is the SEI (Smith Enterprise Inc) "Vortex".  the Bulgarian style "4-piece"device also works well...I own several... but with one drawback:  the chamber aspect of this device creates back pressure...which may be a plus for an AK-74 caliber but is totally unnecessary (and creates more blowback pressure than is needed) for the 7.62x39 round.  I've used the Vortex on a Draco, Mini Draco and other AK pistols, including my 8 1/2" SBR, and it is outstanding at de-bubbafying the blast/noise/concussion.  It's also lighter and smaller profile that the 4-piece.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#18]
bulgarian 4 piece gets my vote
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top