Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 3:12:08 PM EDT
Checking to see if anyone has tried attaching a Thordsen Custom Pistol Stock to their AK pistol.
Comments, thoughts would be appreciated.

Below is the link to the stock kit
http://www.thordsencustoms.com/shop/AR-PISTOL/p/ENHANCED-AR-PISTOL-BUILDERS-PACKAGE-x3607311.htm
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, it's not a "stock", if it had been ruled as such couldn't be on a pistol,  but has been popular for a long time, much more so before the SIG brace of course. Most use it as just cheek rest though, not shouldered, as a cane tip does just as well for that, and legal also, at least as applied to AR.  

Have never seen anyone posting anywhere about having one on AK yet though, didn't even find one with Google Image search.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have, on a Mini Draco - I'll set it up again tomorrow at the shop and take a picture.

My thoughts vs the SB15 w/ extended tube: I find the LOP too short on an AK and not as comfortable in the shoulder, also doesn't fold neatly (using an ACE adapter) like the SB15.

I do like the Thordsen on an AR pistol though, go figure.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Just mocked up on a fresh out of the box (besides drilling and tapping the trunnion) Mini Draco, should give you an idea/
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you using a wedge to correct the angle?  That looks pretty straight.  Any pics of it with the SB15 on the mini?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
No wedge needed on the Mini Draco, the rear is perfectly straight and the trunnion is very thick where you tap it. I do have a 6 degree wedge correcting my M92 project though, which I silver brazed to the trunnion.

I'll snap a cell pic of the mini w/ the SB15 for you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Apologies for the potato picture, good camera is at the shop:

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for sharing your impressions and pics.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top