Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 7:12:45 PM EDT
Ok so i got an m92.. Planing on a form 1 soon. I dont really care for folders so im looking at a fixed stock later down the road. Whats the easiest way of doing it? I like the triangle stocks but would prefer it fixed... Can i weld one of these http://stormwerkz.com/accessories/yugo-m92m85-6-degree-shim/ on and mount a triangle stock or Ace directly without a hinge? Im new to AKs and all this info on trunnions and stock options is alittle overwhelming! Thanks
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
For the Ace pattern stocks, the hinge mechanism is usually separate from the stock itself.  If you like the triangle stock (like the Manticore one, for example), you should be able to just drill and tap two holes in the rear trunnion and bolt it on, along with the Stormwerkz 6 degree spacer to make it level.  That would give you a fixed stock, and if you ever decided to add a folding mechanism later, you could easily unbolt it and add one in.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Great! One more question if you dont mind, should the spacer be welded or simply bolted on? I want it to be solid as possible but ive never played with these things before. If anyone has done something similar please chime in and post pics!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great! One more question if you dont mind, should the spacer be welded or simply bolted on? I want it to be solid as possible but ive never played with these things before. If anyone has done something similar please chime in and post pics!
View Quote

IMO, there's no need to weld it on, and I wouldn't want to do any substantial welding directly on the trunnion anyway for fear of changing its temper.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Greatly appreciated, its the oblong holes that worry me on the shim... I feel like if theres room for play around the bolts itll slide down and be uneven.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Greatly appreciated, its the oblong holes that worry me on the shim... I feel like if theres room for play around the bolts itll slide down and be uneven.
View Quote

Once the bolts are torqued down and everything clamps up, it won't move.  You'd be more likely to snap the bolts, IMO.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top