Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 3:54:25 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to get a Draco-C with underfolder and extended flash hider already installed for about $600.  Get it??  Thinking about making it SBR.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an opportunity to get a Draco-C with underfolder and extended flash hider already installed for about $600.  Get it??  Thinking about making it SBR.
View Quote

Sounds like a smoking deal, depending on condition.  I'd fo in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like a smoking deal, depending on condition.  I'd fo in a heartbeat.
View Quote

+1. If you pass on it, let me know and I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Better get it. I've been looking around for one of those to SBR. (Although it's now on the back burner because of other purchases)
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I went ahead and picked it up this weekend.  I really like it. The stock has a little wobble but it's not terrible.  Finish is worn.  Might get that redone and replace the handguard. Here it is with a cheap 20 round tanker mag. (Sorry for the crappy pic)

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.  Looks like the CNC Draco extension.  Did it come with the wood handguard as well, or just the polymer (K-Var?).

Pretty good for six bills.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
This is all it came with. The first picture I was shown it had the wood handguard and grip then it was wearing this. Is the wood more sought-after?  I was kind of thinking about switching it out with a MI quadrail I have laying around.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is all it came with. The first picture I was shown it had the wood handguard and grip then it was wearing this. Is the wood more sought-after?  I was kind of thinking about switching it out with a MI quadrail I have laying around.
View Quote

It's all about what you dig. I'm a traditional dude so I like the wood hand guards and bakelite grip. Some folks tacti-cool theirs out and its.works well for them.

Nice looking Draco.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I seen they usually come with the bakelite grip? I wish I would've gotten that. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to ak's as well though I have been debating to make one tactical so this may be the one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I threw the MI rail and Burris FastFire III on real quick and I kind of like the set-up.  The sight sits too high so I think I'm going to get the optic top cover for it.  The FFIII doesn't co-witness but I think I'll be alright for just plinking.  Or  would anyone suggest the Ultimak gas tube?  I like them, but they're just expensive.  Also what are your thoughts about SBR?  Is it worth the paperwork and $200 just to shorten it 2-3"  I don't mind the length or looks as it is now.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes to the Ultimak, yes to SBR.

Even with those, you're only in it $900.  

It is fun to shoot with that extension, though.

ETA: the MI rail is fine, too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess the tube isn't that expensive.  I was thinking about getting the gas tube and the lower handguard so it would extend out to the fsb.  Would the extended MI handguard work just as well with the Ultimak gas tube?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess the tube isn't that expensive.  I was thinking about getting the gas tube and the lower handguard so it would extend out to the fsb.  Would the extended MI handguard work just as well with the Ultimak gas tube?
View Quote

Pretty sure the MI extended hand guard requires you to cut off the sling attachment point.  Don't think the Ultimak does.

Besides, how much stuff do you want to hang off the thing?  You can get an optic and a light on the Ultimak top rail.  The hand guard rail (extended or standard) lets you move the light and add a VFG if you want one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Little bit of a hijack, but did they just quit importing these because the minis are more popular or what? I've been keeping an eye out for one for a while...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Here it is as of now.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top