Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 5:07:41 PM EDT
Finally got out the range with my new M92 and ran into an issue with not being able to pull the bolt back to charge the weapon unless I put some upward force on the handle.  This is especially a problem when trying to come under the rifle with my support hand to charge the weapon.  I can pull as hard as I can and the bolt will not open, however if I put upward pressure on the handle then pull back it's fine.

Anyone with knowledge of the AK bolt anatomy know what would cause this to happen and how to fix it?  Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Same as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JIDUR2knLs

Follow up after he contacted Century Arms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vubWCePKI0

Not much detail other than CA fixed it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude that was the EXACT problem.  THANKS man!

Thanks to the vids I knew where to look.  Upon inspection sure enough the piston was binding in the gas block because it was slightly canted/bent where it attaches to the bolt.  I put it in a vice and carefully bent it straight and now it is as smooth as butter no matter if I pull up or down on the charge handle.  THANKS for sharing man you saved me from a lot of down time because I didn't have to send it in.

If anyone else sees this who is having the same issue, if you remove the top handguard and reinstall the bolt you can see the alignment of the piston and gas block very well.  Hope this helps guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem, happy to help. I just got my hands on an M92 but haven't had the chance to go shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad I checked back here. Mine was doing the exact same thing.

I was centering my search on the bolt / frame rail area and not the piston.

Couple of tweaks in the vice and GTG. Good stuff.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks to the vids I knew where to look.  Upon inspection sure enough the piston was binding in the gas block because it was slightly canted/bent where it attaches to the bolt.  I put it in a vice and carefully bent it straight and now it is as smooth as butter no matter if I pull up or down on the charge handle.  THANKS for sharing man you saved me from a lot of down time because I didn't have to send it in.

If anyone else sees this who is having the same issue, if you remove the top handguard and reinstall the bolt you can see the alignment of the piston and gas block very well.  Hope this helps guys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top