User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 10:42:29 PM EDT
Edited
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say the same value of any used Draco, plus the value of the extra individual parts, possibly a bit more for the trunnion work that's been done.

Matter of fact, if you can indeed sell it in Class 1 configuration as regular pistol, might be a lot easier to let go of that way and sell the folding stock assembly separate.

(it's legal to put an SBR into legal rifle config and sell as non NFA rifle, just don't know if it's ever been decided that you can do same with SBR that began life as a pistol, that is, go back to pistol as you can with a non-NFA firearm).

- OS
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I think it's going to be hard to sell as is. It's very easy to buy a draco and form 1 it.  I would remove stick and sell it as a pistol and sell the stock separately. It's going to be a much faster sale that way. As far as price goes you can find new dracos for $600 so, so maybe add 100 for your parts. I think $700 price is about right.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly I think it's going to be hard to sell as is. It's very easy to buy a draco and form 1 it.  I would remove stick and sell it as a pistol and sell the stock separately. It's going to be a much faster sale that way. As far as price goes you can find new dracos for $600 so, so maybe add 100 for your parts. I think $700 price is about right.
View Quote

I think even $700 would be a hard sell. The firearm is engraved with the OPs name/trust info due to the Form 1.

Also, as OhShoot has said, the "remove stock from SBR (that was originally a pistol) to return to pistol configuration" may not be legal. I do not beleive it is, because it is registered as a rifle, but others disagree.

ETA: too corect speling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
*to correct spelling.

OP: Did you miss the thread highlighted in red at the top of this forum that says "No Price Check Threads"?

here's a link for you
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
*to correct spelling.

OP: Did you miss the thread highlighted in red at the top of this forum that says "No Price Check Threads"?

here's a link for you
View Quote

I did not, mods are welcome to lock/delete as they feel necessary.

Thank you for everyone's useful replies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
*to correct spelling.

here's a link for you
View Quote

I think your sarcasm meter needs calibrating.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
OP I would recommend having a long muzzle device pinned on so you can sell it as a Title 1 firearm.

Much easier to sell that way. I agree that $700 asking price would be okay to start with, but I wouldn't expect much more than $600 unless you are prepared to wait a long time.

Also, handguards are cheap, replace those yourself with some black ones from the EE here. No one will pay top $ for a fixer upper, no matter how easy it is to fix up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Where do we price check at?  I'm looking at a Draco-C in decent shape with underfolder installed and extended flash hider pinned/welded and was looking for a number value.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where do we price check at?  I'm looking at a Draco-C in decent shape with underfolder installed and extended flash hider pinned/welded and was looking for a number value.
View Quote

I posted a link with all the information you need.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]
System message
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top