Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:43:58 AM EDT
I like all three options and I own none of these...

PAP M92, if it is anything like it's big brother, is good Yugo quality, thick receiver, well made weapon..

Romy Mini Draco gives you the 7.5" barrel instead of the 10.25" of the other two, but is a lesser quality perhaps than the Yugo or C39...?

C39, milled, and already has a rail on the foregrip.

All at J&G for under $500....

Why would you suggest one over the other.....?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not gonna weigh in on which pistol (though I have the PAP and really dig it), but more on the SB47. Which is to say I'd consider going with one of the options for adapting to AR buffer tube and going with SB15 brace instead (or SBX if it gets released).  Can get longer LOP and/or make it a folder too.

- OS
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm doing the same thing and having a hard time deciding between the Centurion and Mini-Draco. I guess the PAP 92 would be a consideration as well.  The Centurion is very intriguing, but I can find very little info on this gun.  I like that the receiver is milled and that it comes with a railed fore end, but is the rail solid enough for an optic?  Is the gun too heavy due the the milled receiver?  I also like the oversized mag release.  The Mini-Draco has a 7.5" barrel vs the 11 3/8" Centurion barrel.  I like the compactness of the shorter barrel, but is 7.5" too short?  Most importantly, how do the build qualities compare?  The fact that the Centurion is 100% assembled by Century is scary.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
From my google fu most of the c39 pistols run well. I had a c39 rifle it had the piston rubbing along the gas tube that's about it, the guy that has it now sed it just need to be worn in that's was it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm doing the same thing and having a hard time deciding between the Centurion and Mini-Draco. I guess the PAP 92 would be a consideration as well.  The Centurion is very intriguing, but I can find very little info on this gun.  I like that the receiver is milled and that it comes with a railed fore end, but is the rail solid enough for an optic?  Is the gun too heavy due the the milled receiver?  I also like the oversized mag release.  The Mini-Draco has a 7.5" barrel vs the 11 3/8" Centurion barrel.  I like the compactness of the shorter barrel, but is 7.5" too short?  Most importantly, how do the build qualities compare?  The fact that the Centurion is 100% assembled by Century is scary.

View Quote

Century also makes a Micro C39 with 6.25" barrel

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
PAP
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PAP
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
pap all the way....mini draco was a pos jam-0-matic....I sold it after I couldn't get thru several 30 round mags without jamming or ftf....
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I chose PAP but I have no experience with the other variants so I can't elaborate on them...
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Answer: Regular (non-mini) Draco.

Chrome lined barrel.
Regular AK sights.
Standard lower hand guards work.
Not as tight as the PAP

This is what I did.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/products/detail/HG3281N02.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/images/products/detail/HG3281N02.jpg

I got to handle one with the SB47 attached. Pretty slick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My Mini Draco did jam a first but it was the bolt handle rubbing on the cover. Filed a little off the cover and it has been 100% sense.

Fairly accurate and so far is my favorite AK pistol and think this is my eighth of AK pistol. On top of those have had .308 pistols (V51 & FAL )

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, you need all 3.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#13]
if you want a real weapon and/or its your only AK, get the Yugo with 10" barrel...

if you want a toy to make lots of noise and flash, get the mini Draco.

Avoid anything US made, the best thing about AK pistols is that the imported ones come without all the issues needed to comply with 922r
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]
If I could give you my BIGGEST suggestion it would be to hold tight for the galil ACE.  Pretty much no mods needed out of the box (all pic rails and great sight system as well left side charging handle).  

I did the m92 SBR route and had a triangle side folder added which tact on about $500(tax stamp/parts/labor) to the initial $430 for the gun. This did not include the $220 charge for the lawyer to set up the trust (which i can use for future purchases).   Grant it what I have is more unique I think the Galil offers A lot more bang for the buck.

my sbr m92

video on galil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjaCI3eoVxI
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Galil ACE is more than likely going be $1500 minimum then you gotta throw the $200 stamp on top of that for the SBR version..too rich for my blood.  I'd rather spend $600-700 bucks on an M92 with a brace and the rest on a crap ton of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't say anything about the others but I bought the C39 2 weeks ago and immediately installed the brace. It's a blast to shoot (about 500"rounds so far) and only a few malfunctions that were the same cheap tapco mag. The roomy drum. Russian metal mags, and magpul mags have ran fine. My only complaint is the top rail has a slight wobble and this is where I attache my Vortex Strikefire. No big deal right now since this is a designated home defense weapon. But the way, the trigger is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Im about to purchase a C39 pistol...

Can someone please provide a link to the best folding sig brace adapter.

This thread is sorta confusing with the different guns and nottastock mounting options....Looking for a concise answer with links.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not gonna weigh in on which pistol (though I have the PAP and really dig it), but more on the SB47. Which is to say I'd consider going with one of the options for adapting to AR buffer tube and going with SB15 brace instead (or SBX if it gets released).  Can get longer LOP and/or make it a folder too.

- OS
View Quote

Tell me more, looking to get a sb47,and sbr is not an option in Iowa.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Galil ACE is more than likely going be $1500 minimum then you gotta throw the $200 stamp on top of that for the SBR version..too rich for my blood.  I'd rather spend $600-700 bucks on an M92 with a brace and the rest on a crap ton of ammo.
View Quote

Yep this is the route I went with my M92, added a U.SAK47 adapter, U.SMachinegun folder, Guntec tube, Sb15.... much cheaper than SBRing and has a perfect LOP (for me). totaled out $755 including the pistol. The Galil Ace looks interesting to be sure... but it my interest will will be severely curtailed if it is over $1k. Once the  TWS Dogleg rail comes out this year it will about as good as can be without having an adjustable stock. Two more things that can be said about the SB15... it is damn nigh indestructible and absorbs recoil very well

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a PAP and a full size draco, the PAP gets all my love
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I went with the mini draco and SB47 without a folding mechanism or anything else to increase the LOP.  Couldn't be happier.  Haven't shot it much, but no failures to date and I love how compact it is.

The thing that sold me on the mini draco vs the PAP or C39 is the minimal difference in muzzle velocity.  According some sources on the net, a 16" AK chronographed at 2300 fps, an 11.5" barrel draco came in at 2000 fps, and the mini draco came in at 1900 fps all using the same ammo. Since the primary advantage of a brace-equipped pistol is it's compact size, I'd gladly trade 100 fps for 3-4" less length.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I went with the mini draco and SB47 without a folding mechanism or anything else to increase the LOP.  Couldn't be happier.  Haven't shot it much, but no failures to date and I love how compact it is.

The thing that sold me on the mini draco vs the PAP or C39 is the minimal difference in muzzle velocity.  According some sources on the net, a 16" AK chronographed at 2300 fps, an 11.5" barrel draco came in at 2000 fps, and the mini draco came in at 1900 fps all using the same ammo. Since the primary advantage of a brace-equipped pistol is it's compact size, I'd gladly trade 100 fps for 3-4" less length.
View Quote

FWIW, I tested 26 different types of ammo in both an Arsenal SAM7R and a PAP. The average velocity drop for all of the ammo was 196.2 fps between the two. That said, not all 7.62x39 is created equal in the velocity department. The fastest varieties were around 2200 fps in the PAP.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PAP

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto