Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
Well almost, still waiting for a new end plate for the folding mech.

A few pics.

Heading to the range tomorrow to put hundreds of rounds through it.

I can already tell I'm going to love it.  Thanks to 775Patriot for some of the inspiration.

Shown with my 10.5" A1 pistol.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well almost, still waiting for a new end plate for the folding mech.

A few pics.

Heading to the range tomorrow to put hundreds of rounds through it.

I can already tell I'm going to love it.  Thanks to 775Patriot for some of the inspiration.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dsk3si.jpg

Shown with my 10.5" A1 pistol.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2efqich.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/ehytr5.jpg
View Quote

Sweet!! now stain that wood
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Stain suggestions?

Not sure about color or process.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. I may have to look at a folder for mine. Have you considered adding a muzzle brake? I added a Manticore Arms Nightbrake and I was really impressed with how much of a difference it makes.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I used Sedona Red and the Formby's Tung oil on this/mine (M92).. (yours looks familiar to me).. I incorporated post #1/4..

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks Great.  I like the wood stained with just a hint of reddish orange - not too red  and an oil finish.

Question on your AR Mag well M85 - Does it have a trunion with a mag catch ledge so it can be converted back to M85 AK mags - Curious if I got one and for some reason it broke I could convert it back to standard mags.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice. I may have to look at a folder for mine. Have you considered adding a muzzle brake? I added a Manticore Arms Nightbrake and I was really impressed with how much of a difference it makes.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt141/tchick_bucket/Firearms/E86D2EE0-7585-493A-A7F6-B61557A8A5CD.jpg
View Quote

Was going to suggests the same. It also takes an 1" or so off OAL.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt141/tchick_bucket/Firearms/E86D2EE0-7585-493A-A7F6-B61557A8A5CD.jpg

I haven't considered it.  I love the look of that original muzzle device.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's another +. With my brace extension I needed the shorter muzzle brake for it to fit in the case I use. If I do a folder I won't have to worry about it but I love the performance of the brake so much it's staying on.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]
How flush is the brace with your receiver when folded? Can you take a picture straight down with the brace folded? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How well do the AR mag wells work? I've seen lots of people using them, but no reviews.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's another +. With my brace extension I needed the shorter muzzle brake for it to fit in the case I use. If I do a folder I won't have to worry about it but I love the performance of the brake so much it's staying on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Nightbrake will be purchase I make for my M92.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#14]
What folding adapter did you use? Did it bolt right to the rear trunion? Did you have to drill holes?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How well do the AR mag wells work? I've seen lots of people using them, but no reviews.
View Quote

I've only taken mine out to the range one time. The Tapco mags that came with the pistol ran 100%. I had a cheap metal AR magazine I also took along.  I had never used this magazine before in anything. My pistol had several failure to feed malfunctions using that cheap metal magazine. Upon examination it looks like the front lip of the magazine interferes with the bullets as they try to push forward out of the magazine. Pushing the bullets out with my fingers was difficult whereas pushing them out of the Tapco magazines was very easy. I also tried a 20 round Magpul magazine and it, too was 100% with no failures. I have a variety of metal AR magazines and plan to take some more with me the next time I take it out. In the meantime, I plan on purchasing more of the Tapco and Magpul mags because I did not have any issues with any of those.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What folding adapter did you use? Did it bolt right to the rear trunion? Did you have to drill holes?
Thanks
View Quote

It's an ACE folder with a WildBill wedge, and it's drilled and mounted to the rear trunnion.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top