Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2014 12:47:20 PM EDT
Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but how do I keep my SB47 arm brace from rotating around the tube?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but how do I keep my SB47 arm brace from rotating around the tube?
View Quote

There should be a hole for a roll pin between the two allen-head screws on the bottom of the mount.

ETA: or are you asking about the rubber arm brace itself? The brace itself should be friction fitted.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean the rubber brace. Mine is constantly turning around the tube.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
A little rubber cement works great,
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
File your Form 1 and install a real stock.

I kid, I kid. I would assume any type of rubber cement compound would work as others have suggested.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mean the rubber brace. Mine is constantly turning around the tube.
View Quote

Are you using the SB15 or the SB47?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Use a Rapidfiretek brace spacer. It clamps onto the brace tube and has a lip that will prevent the arm brace from rotating.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
A cheap easy fix is to pull the brace off the tube, spray it with airspray and reinstall it. The hairspray will "glue" it in place on the tube.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
skateboard tape
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Which sling mount is that?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Echo93. It can be mounted on the Left or Right side of the firearm and it attaches using the existing screw holes on the bottom of the brace mount.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
If they could figure out a way to hinge that thing, there would be a GOOD market for that!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If they could figure out a way to hinge that thing, there would be a GOOD market for that!
View Quote

There is a way
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Alnen,
You use the SB-15 when you want to have a folding Sig Brace

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#14]

I like that hinge. Looks great.        

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
gorilla glue
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I know litlte of AK modding.  Can you explain what that hinged mount is, how hard is it to mount to ak pistol?  I understand to get the AR sig brace for this correct?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know litlte of AK modding.  Can you explain what that hinged mount is, how hard is it to mount to ak pistol?  I understand to get the AR sig brace for this correct?
View Quote

DaleEarnhardtROCKS,
The one in my pics is the StormWerkz Ar type hinge. Most hinges only require 2 holes tapped 10-32tpi
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
DaleEarnhardtROCKS,

The one in my pics is the StormWerkz Ar type hinge. Most hinges only require 2 holes tapped 10-32tpi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DaleEarnhardtROCKS,

I'm not an AR guy. In your photos above does a normal AR buffer tube screw into the AR hinge you used? And then the AR Sig brace on the tube? Also, some of the AK hinges use a shim to change the angle of the stock to a more straight, inline with the barrel mount. Does the AR hinge on your photo above use any shim to correct the angle?

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top