Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:04:12 AM EDT
So i bought a zastiva serbia m92 pistol today at a gun show.  After seeing every midwest hand guard out of stock or backordered, i stumbled upon quite a few pictures of m92's for sale on gunbroker, which are fitted the MFT TP47LIRS handguard from the dealer.  Just curious if anyone has tried one on theirs?  If not, i guess I'll be the guinea pig because i just ordered one to try.  Will update on progress and fitment if it works.   heres a few of the pics that found with them on. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twincamz1320/pix565017498.jpg     http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twincamz1320/pix120828443.jpg     http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twincamz1320/pix422108911.jpg
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You live in the same state as Mission First Tactical. I'm sure it is just a coincidence though.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw that before and assumed it was a hack job since the top guard is too short.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You live in the same state as Mission First Tactical. I'm sure it is just a coincidence though.....
View Quote

You caught me. Im here with a secret agenda to sell mft hand guards. :zzz:  Find me a midwest one for sale , and ill buy it on the spot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There is one on gunbroker search m92 midwest
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is one on gunbroker search m92 midwest
View Quote

And only $150. Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
he did not say it had to be priced fair

and its only 35 bucks more than from Mi :) and in stock
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you think the Mission 1st guard looks like a hack job?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You caught me. Im here with a secret agenda to sell mft hand guards. :zzz:  Find me a midwest one for sale , and ill buy it on the spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happens.. Quite often. I've been around long enough to know when it looks suspicious. Coincidences happen a lot too though. Sounds like that is the case.  

Anyways, I'm waiting for the Manticore Arms hand-guard to come out. Looks pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like it droops down towards the front? Whats with the chopped top?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the top rail looks like one that has been chopped down. Not saying it looks bad but the red dot is usually around where the gap is.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually searched gunbroker for the MI one quite a few times. I didnt see the one for $150 on there last night. And id have a hard time justifying putting a $150 handguard on a gun thats only worth $400 anyways.  None the less, i already ordered the MFT handguard on ebay and got it for $55 shipped. And if it doesnt look right in person when i try it, ill just slap it on my WASR instead.  

I dont believe the top section is actually cut by the dealer that did this.  Im thinking Its shorter on top because its designed for a full size ak47 which would have the sight block there like how this one is....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twincamz1320/MFT-TEKKO-without-Top-Rail-460x304.jpg

Either way ill post pics when it gets here. And i swear im not trying to persude anyone into buying one. Z.F.G. if you do or not.  I just thought somebody else here may be excited at the possibility of a less expensive alternative to the MI's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Here I will make it ez to find oh wait no someone will say its mine and I am promoting a sale. Its not and somone asked for one in stock

its on GB Auction # 408110602

Its always good for new options thanks for the info

If you cant justify 150 for a HG how do you justify putting bullets down its throat ? Thats like the guys that say adding a stock or a trigger to a 99 mosin is silly. If it makes the gun into what you want then get it or you will be buying twice and crying twice.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you cant justify 150 for a HG how do you justify putting bullets down its throat ? Thats like the guys that say adding a stock or a trigger to a 99 mosin is silly. If it makes the gun into what you want then get it or you will be buying twice and crying twice.

View Quote

Bullets are kind of a necessary evil. And for $150 I can shoot the pistol well over 500 times. But i get your point.   The MI guard looks like a quality piece, fits the pistol perfectly, and im sure it does its job quite well.  To each their own i guess.  I'm okay with the looks of the MFT, even though the top section doesnt fit perfectly. My only reason for even purchasing a handguard is so i can install a magpul AFG on the weapon.   So if i can do so at 1/3 the price, im more than ok with that.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Note that you will have to notch the lower or the rear gas tube flange where it will contact the gas tube flange at the rear.  You can see they one in the pic appears to have been notched.  The fit of the handguard retainer will most likely not work properly either since it is round and not U shaped like that of an AKM.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top