Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2011 1:31:23 PM EDT
I just heard from a very good source that Century has a Micro Draco (yes- smaller than the Mini) coming out in a few months or so.... No actual specs yet but it is coming and will be even smaller. I just picked up my Mini today and now I am waiting for more news on my next toy....
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL... might as well just give you a 7.62x39 round and a hammer...
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics or it didn't happen!
Lol, post some pics as soon as you can, I'm curious about it but don't think I need to go shorter than the mini.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
To me it just seems pointless going smaller if it's just the barrel size that is changing.

Now if they were making it smaller in other areas to decrease the size then I would be all over it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Lol, post some pics as soon as you can, I'm curious about it but don't think I need to go shorter than the mini.

Opps. Forgot pics. Here are the only pics I have so far. Top is Non-C, middle is C. Tonight's project, remove weld from muzzle nut. Then refinish handguards,  maybe by the weekend. I like the modified rails like you and Tim McBride did.   Everything looks straight on this one, no cant, rivets nice, no visible issues. I hope to go to the range Saturday to break in and see how it does. I plan to SBR the Mini.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL... might as well just give you a 7.62x39 round and a hammer...

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd buy a Micro to CCW.

But seriously. I must see this.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Ehhh...smaller is just silly.  My normal Drako is already ahort enough.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol, No Dferg, I meant pics of this micro draco of which you taunt!
Eta: Sweet handguards on those dracos btw!
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure you can get smaller.

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got the mini draco and I love it, if there truly is a commercial made micro I may have to get that as well.....to bad we can't make receiver any shorter along with the barrel.....can't wait to see pics of the micro draco
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol, No Dferg, I meant pics of this micro draco of which you taunt!
Eta: Sweet handguards on those dracos btw!

Yeah- I figured that's what you wanted....but some pics are better than none- right? As soon as I can get my hands on a Micro,, which should be very soon after they are available, I will add new pics. Thanks about the hand guards...
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know man. I don't buy it. I mean how many mini's are out there? a couple hundred? Why develop and even shorter Draco before seeing what this will do sales wise. Of course, if it did come out I would have to buy one. If anything just as an addition to my collection as a curio. Not too often dudes get excited showing of something smaller than what everyone else has
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]
When a round is chambered does it stick out the front of the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When a round is chambered does it stick out the front of the barrel?
This is too funny. Thanks for the good laugh.  GARY  N4KVE

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't know man. I don't buy it. I mean how many mini's are out there? a couple hundred? Why develop and even shorter Draco before seeing what this will do sales wise. Of course, if it did come out I would have to buy one. If anything just as an addition to my collection as a curio. Not too often dudes get excited showing of something smaller than what everyone else has

There were only 100 released to J&G sales at the beginning of this month.  They sold them all by yesterday.....not bad considering.  I don't know if the micro rumor is true....and frankly don't care.  I'm interested in the mini at this point.  Though I would actually prefer whatever length bbl would be required to get rid of the buffer block.  Just seems like a potentially bad idea to add that block to make sure the piston doesn't come out of the gas tube.  It seems to me that it would have been smarter to just make the bbl an inch or so longer to negate the need for the buffer block....but, they were probably thinking people wouldn't see enough of a difference with 2.5-3" less bbl length than the stnd. Draco to make a purchase decision.  

Personally, an 8-9" bbl Mini that could fit stnd. Krinkov handguards would be really appealing.....especially if they could come up with a way to make a hinged rear sight similar to what the Krinks use but utilizing the standard AK front trunnion.   Even though I have a 11.5" bbl Draco......I'd still be interested in a 8-9" version and likely still will be after I buy a mini with a 7.5" bbl.

Sean
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't understand why they didn't make the piston an inch longer. It would have fit, & the buffer would not have been necessary. maybe too much gas, who knows.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't understand why they didn't make the piston an inch longer. It would have fit, & the buffer would not have been necessary. maybe too much gas, who knows.  GARY  N4KVE

This has home experiment written all over it....

Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is coming. Check back here in a few months for the I TOLD YOU SO post.... followed by your YOU WERE RIGHT post. LOL
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ya....must've been something like that I suppose.

Sean
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is coming. Check back here in a few months for the I TOLD YOU SO post.... followed by your YOU WERE RIGHT post. LOL

Then after that get ready for a "Man, another charge on my Credit Card" post from me!
Link Posted: 5/26/2011 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then after that get ready for a "Man, another charge on my Credit Card" post from me!

Oh don't I know brother. The funny thing is, the night I first saw a Draco (it was a thread in here I found while I was researching for a Maadi 922r project), I thought I would never get one because it was only 4 or 5 inches shorter than my 56S-1 UF when folded. The next morning I woke up and knew I MUST have one. Now I have 2.

When I first saw the Mini (in a thread in here) I thought it was too small and i would end up shooting my own fingers off ( I even posted that). The next morning I woke up and knew I had to have one, so I ordered it that day.

As I said, the day I picked up the Mini I was told of the Micro and I am not going to bother pretending I am not going to buy one. The good news is now I/we have some advanced notice to start saving up.

Link Posted: 5/26/2011 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I first saw the Mini (in a thread in here) I thought it was too small and i would end up shooting my own fingers off ( I even posted that). The next morning I woke up and knew I had to have one, so I ordered it that day.

As I said, the day I picked up the Mini I was told of the Micro and I am not going to bother pretending I am not going to buy one. The good news is now I/we have some advanced notice to start saving up.

QFT

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were only 100 released to J&G sales at the beginning of this month.  They sold them all by yesterday.....not bad considering.  I don't know if the micro rumor is true....and frankly don't care.  I'm interested in the mini at this point.  Though I would actually prefer whatever length bbl would be required to get rid of the buffer block.  Just seems like a potentially bad idea to add that block to make sure the piston doesn't come out of the gas tube.  It seems to me that it would have been smarter to just make the bbl an inch or so longer to negate the need for the buffer block....but, they were probably thinking people wouldn't see enough of a difference with 2.5-3" less bbl length than the stnd. Draco to make a purchase decision.  

Personally, an 8-9" bbl Mini that could fit stnd. Krinkov handguards would be really appealing.....especially if they could come up with a way to make a hinged rear sight similar to what the Krinks use but utilizing the standard AK front trunnion.   Even though I have a 11.5" bbl Draco......I'd still be interested in a 8-9" version and likely still will be after I buy a mini with a 7.5" bbl.

Sean

I concur, they need a Krink sized Draco that doesn't need the buffer. I don't even care about the Krink style rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sean

I concur, they need a Krink sized Draco that doesn't need the buffer. I don't even care about the Krink style rear sight.

Agreed....I could live without the krink rear sight....though it would be nice to lengthen the sight radius since on an 8" bbl, it's getting pretty short.

Sean
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Thinking on the micro some more....I wonder if CAI is going to actually do this.

It sure seems like a significant (although small) percentage of the minis are having a pretty tough time with reliability so far....I can't imagine going to an even shorter bbl and gas system would improve that number.

Sean
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Guys... don't hate me, but I got my hands on a dealer sample to play with for the weekend before I have to give it back.

I was told I was free to make a write up of it, but while testing I did get some minor injuries, so I may wait for those to heal up first.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/micro_draco.jpg

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#27]
You steal that hammer from a Titanic memorbilia collector?
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You steal that hammer from a Titanic memorbilia collector?

Yeah, that hammer is definitely NOT from a TAPCO G2 set.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top