Site Notices
7/21/2014 6:12:25 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 5/24/2011 5:31:23 PM
[Last Edit: 5/24/2011 6:46:15 PM by Dferg10]
I just heard from a very good source that Century has a Micro Draco (yes- smaller than the Mini) coming out in a few months or so.... No actual specs yet but it is coming and will be even smaller. I just picked up my Mini today and now I am waiting for more news on my next toy....
AJ_Dual
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 5:39:52 PM
LOL... might as well just give you a 7.62x39 round and a hammer...
Omnis vestri substructio es servus ad noris.
ObsoleteMan
Good. Now I want you to try again.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 6:15:48 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!
Lol, post some pics as soon as you can, I'm curious about it but don't think I need to go shorter than the mini.
"Alright, Attention! We're going to fire a few rounds to show you how they pull, now they tend to pull up and to the right."
haLfLiFe
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 6:41:03 PM
To me it just seems pointless going smaller if it's just the barrel size that is changing.

Now if they were making it smaller in other areas to decrease the size then I would be all over it.
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 7:46:25 PM
[Last Edit: 5/24/2011 7:52:00 PM by Dferg10]
Originally Posted By ObsoleteMan:
Pics or it didn't happen!
Lol, post some pics as soon as you can, I'm curious about it but don't think I need to go shorter than the mini.

Opps. Forgot pics. Here are the only pics I have so far. Top is Non-C, middle is C. Tonight's project, remove weld from muzzle nut. Then refinish handguards, maybe by the weekend. I like the modified rails like you and Tim McBride did. Everything looks straight on this one, no cant, rivets nice, no visible issues. I hope to go to the range Saturday to break in and see how it does. I plan to SBR the Mini.

Ghetto
Still alive.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 9:31:12 PM
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
LOL... might as well just give you a 7.62x39 round and a hammer...

It's not a shame to die doing what you love
0uTkAsT
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 10:36:44 PM
I'd buy a Micro to CCW.

But seriously. I must see this.
collegeboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 10:42:53 PM
Ehhh...smaller is just silly. My normal Drako is already ahort enough.

ObsoleteMan
Good. Now I want you to try again.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/24/2011 10:57:51 PM
[Last Edit: 5/24/2011 10:59:11 PM by ObsoleteMan]
Lol, No Dferg, I meant pics of this micro draco of which you taunt!
Eta: Sweet handguards on those dracos btw!
"Alright, Attention! We're going to fire a few rounds to show you how they pull, now they tend to pull up and to the right."
Caspian45
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 7:40:01 AM
[Last Edit: 5/25/2011 7:41:16 AM by Caspian45]
Sure you can get smaller.

billyj870m9
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 7:51:45 AM
I just got the mini draco and I love it, if there truly is a commercial made micro I may have to get that as well.....to bad we can't make receiver any shorter along with the barrel.....can't wait to see pics of the micro draco
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 9:27:17 AM
Originally Posted By ObsoleteMan:
Lol, No Dferg, I meant pics of this micro draco of which you taunt!
Eta: Sweet handguards on those dracos btw!

Yeah- I figured that's what you wanted....but some pics are better than none- right? As soon as I can get my hands on a Micro,, which should be very soon after they are available, I will add new pics. Thanks about the hand guards...
xiuxiu1313
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 10:20:11 AM
I don't know man. I don't buy it. I mean how many mini's are out there? a couple hundred? Why develop and even shorter Draco before seeing what this will do sales wise. Of course, if it did come out I would have to buy one. If anything just as an addition to my collection as a curio. Not too often dudes get excited showing of something smaller than what everyone else has
AKcomrade
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 10:44:55 AM
When a round is chambered does it stick out the front of the barrel?
N4KVE
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 12:12:22 PM
Originally Posted By AKcomrade:
When a round is chambered does it stick out the front of the barrel?
This is too funny. Thanks for the good laugh. GARY N4KVE

SeanK1ng
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 3:27:08 PM
Originally Posted By xiuxiu1313:
I don't know man. I don't buy it. I mean how many mini's are out there? a couple hundred? Why develop and even shorter Draco before seeing what this will do sales wise. Of course, if it did come out I would have to buy one. If anything just as an addition to my collection as a curio. Not too often dudes get excited showing of something smaller than what everyone else has

There were only 100 released to J&G sales at the beginning of this month. They sold them all by yesterday.....not bad considering. I don't know if the micro rumor is true....and frankly don't care. I'm interested in the mini at this point. Though I would actually prefer whatever length bbl would be required to get rid of the buffer block. Just seems like a potentially bad idea to add that block to make sure the piston doesn't come out of the gas tube. It seems to me that it would have been smarter to just make the bbl an inch or so longer to negate the need for the buffer block....but, they were probably thinking people wouldn't see enough of a difference with 2.5-3" less bbl length than the stnd. Draco to make a purchase decision.

Personally, an 8-9" bbl Mini that could fit stnd. Krinkov handguards would be really appealing.....especially if they could come up with a way to make a hinged rear sight similar to what the Krinks use but utilizing the standard AK front trunnion. Even though I have a 11.5" bbl Draco......I'd still be interested in a 8-9" version and likely still will be after I buy a mini with a 7.5" bbl.

Sean
N4KVE
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 3:48:32 PM
I don't understand why they didn't make the piston an inch longer. It would have fit, & the buffer would not have been necessary. maybe too much gas, who knows. GARY N4KVE
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 4:23:30 PM
Originally Posted By N4KVE:
I don't understand why they didn't make the piston an inch longer. It would have fit, & the buffer would not have been necessary. maybe too much gas, who knows. GARY N4KVE

This has home experiment written all over it....

Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 4:29:15 PM

It is coming. Check back here in a few months for the I TOLD YOU SO post.... followed by your YOU WERE RIGHT post. LOL
SeanK1ng
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/25/2011 6:15:40 PM
Originally Posted By N4KVE:

Ya....must've been something like that I suppose.

Sean
xiuxiu1313
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2011 9:48:31 AM
Originally Posted By Dferg10:

It is coming. Check back here in a few months for the I TOLD YOU SO post.... followed by your YOU WERE RIGHT post. LOL

Then after that get ready for a "Man, another charge on my Credit Card" post from me!
Dferg10
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2011 10:15:32 AM
[Last Edit: 5/26/2011 10:16:25 AM by Dferg10]

Then after that get ready for a "Man, another charge on my Credit Card" post from me!

Oh don't I know brother. The funny thing is, the night I first saw a Draco (it was a thread in here I found while I was researching for a Maadi 922r project), I thought I would never get one because it was only 4 or 5 inches shorter than my 56S-1 UF when folded. The next morning I woke up and knew I MUST have one. Now I have 2.

When I first saw the Mini (in a thread in here) I thought it was too small and i would end up shooting my own fingers off ( I even posted that). The next morning I woke up and knew I had to have one, so I ordered it that day.

As I said, the day I picked up the Mini I was told of the Micro and I am not going to bother pretending I am not going to buy one. The good news is now I/we have some advanced notice to start saving up.

haLfLiFe
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/26/2011 12:21:13 PM

When I first saw the Mini (in a thread in here) I thought it was too small and i would end up shooting my own fingers off ( I even posted that). The next morning I woke up and knew I had to have one, so I ordered it that day.

As I said, the day I picked up the Mini I was told of the Micro and I am not going to bother pretending I am not going to buy one. The good news is now I/we have some advanced notice to start saving up.

QFT

gunnut284
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2011 4:27:32 PM
Originally Posted By SeanK1ng:

There were only 100 released to J&G sales at the beginning of this month. They sold them all by yesterday.....not bad considering. I don't know if the micro rumor is true....and frankly don't care. I'm interested in the mini at this point. Though I would actually prefer whatever length bbl would be required to get rid of the buffer block. Just seems like a potentially bad idea to add that block to make sure the piston doesn't come out of the gas tube. It seems to me that it would have been smarter to just make the bbl an inch or so longer to negate the need for the buffer block....but, they were probably thinking people wouldn't see enough of a difference with 2.5-3" less bbl length than the stnd. Draco to make a purchase decision.

Personally, an 8-9" bbl Mini that could fit stnd. Krinkov handguards would be really appealing.....especially if they could come up with a way to make a hinged rear sight similar to what the Krinks use but utilizing the standard AK front trunnion. Even though I have a 11.5" bbl Draco......I'd still be interested in a 8-9" version and likely still will be after I buy a mini with a 7.5" bbl.

Sean

I concur, they need a Krink sized Draco that doesn't need the buffer. I don't even care about the Krink style rear sight.
SeanK1ng
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2011 7:37:39 PM
Originally Posted By gunnut284:
Originally Posted By SeanK1ng:

Sean

I concur, they need a Krink sized Draco that doesn't need the buffer. I don't even care about the Krink style rear sight.

Agreed....I could live without the krink rear sight....though it would be nice to lengthen the sight radius since on an 8" bbl, it's getting pretty short.

Sean
SeanK1ng
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/28/2011 7:38:58 PM
Thinking on the micro some more....I wonder if CAI is going to actually do this.

It sure seems like a significant (although small) percentage of the minis are having a pretty tough time with reliability so far....I can't imagine going to an even shorter bbl and gas system would improve that number.

Sean
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED