Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:40:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

We did its a high strength glass filled  polymer with metal bolt hold open insert. We tested them with going on 2000 bho follower actions with no sign of failure.
Its why we offer a lifetime warranty. Also the force coming back after the shot is some redirected energy but mainly the bolt spring. I have been shooting them for 3 years now they are good to go.

-Dimitri
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TexasRifleman1985:
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Better idea. How about a high viz version? Orange or red followers.

Even Magpul is dropping colored pmags since black is stronger.

Not talking about mags, just the followers. And for those color polymer must be good enough since their AK mags have bright red followers.

... These followers are getting smacked by an angry bolt... I would use the strongest polymer available.

We did its a high strength glass filled  polymer with metal bolt hold open insert. We tested them with going on 2000 bho follower actions with no sign of failure.
Its why we offer a lifetime warranty. Also the force coming back after the shot is some redirected energy but mainly the bolt spring. I have been shooting them for 3 years now they are good to go.

-Dimitri

If you've been testing them for 3 years....why are they only now going on sale?

Three years is a good length of time to test something like this for durability's sake.....but couldn't they have been put up for sale after 2 years?????

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Better idea. How about a high viz version? Orange or red followers.

Even Magpul is dropping colored pmags since black is stronger.

Not talking about mags, just the followers. And for those color polymer must be good enough since their AK mags have bright red followers.

... These followers are getting smacked by an angry bolt... I would use the strongest polymer available.

-Dimitri

I'm not doubting your polymer choices.

I was just saying I wouldn't want a weaker polymer just so it can be pink or tie-dye or something. Strongest is bestest.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
how many packs do we need to order for a bulk discount?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Min order through Weapon tech I believe  is 100 3 packs for dealers.

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
how many packs do we need to order for a bulk discount?

Min order through Weapon tech I believe  is 100 3 packs for dealers.

-Dimitri

I don't have that many mags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Do y'all know if these will need to be shortened or anything for 20 round Hungarian mags?
View Quote

They work just fine in my Hungarian Tanker 20 round mags, no mods required. I'll order some more.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm glad someone finally brought this to market. It's an idea that's way overdue and if I had the means I would have done it years ago.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up two three packs. My only regret is not getting four three packs. The seem too work pretty well to me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered a pack of 3.... Good things.... I can't wait!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I run into the " what good is it if the bolt drops?" well you know the gun is empty! I have ran around for over 15+ seconds only to pull the trigger and hear CLICK!!! Thank God it was not in a self defense situation.

Dimitri
View Quote

LOL

So...in a self-defense situation with your BHO mag, you would "run around for over 15+ seconds" toward an attacker with only 1 round left?

If I know I've already shot 20+, I'm gonna go ahead and put in a fresh mag.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasRifleman1985] [#17]
Originally Posted By cochraneap:

LOL

So...in a self-defense situation with your BHO mag, you would "run around for over 15+ seconds" toward an attacker with only 1 round left?

If I know I've already shot 20+, I'm gonna go ahead and put in a fresh mag.  But that's just me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cochraneap:
I run into the " what good is it if the bolt drops?" well you know the gun is empty! I have ran around for over 15+ seconds only to pull the trigger and hear CLICK!!! Thank God it was not in a self defense situation.

Dimitri

LOL

That's great in theory.

When suppressing or engaging point targets at ~200 yards, do you plan on reloading every 20 rounds?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#18]
That's great in theory.

When suppressing or engaging point targets at ~200 yards, do you plan on reloading every 20 rounds?
View Quote

Not even close to the situation he described.

He said he has "ran around for over 15+ seconds only to pull the trigger and hear CLICK!!! Thank God it was not in a self defense situation."

Meaning he was running toward a target, without firing any rounds...not actively suppressing and/or engaging targets, as you described.

In a future self-defense situation, he could use that "15+ second" break to insert in a new 30rd mag, but instead will rely on his BHO follower, which assures him that he still has at least 1 round to empty.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Got some... they are great!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]

That guy is so tactical, he has to change his shirt six times per range outing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

6 times?  Nice.  The number keeps getting higher!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#25]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#26]

I thought it was 7. It looks like it took several days to film. Did you want him to wear the same outfit 3 days in a row? Great video!

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By plouffedaddy:

6 times?  Nice.  The number keeps getting higher!

I thought it was 7. It looks like it took several days to film. Did you want him to wear the same outfit 3 days in a row? Great video!

-Dimitri

Indeed.  People are funny and they assume that because another channel films one way that I do as well.    I bring tons (like 15-20) guns to the range each trip and all are undergoing review so it takes a while to get footage for 1 review...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#27]
So . . . still no news on 5.45 BHO followers?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't see this mentioned (could have missed it) but this is GTG with bakelites?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Yes they work great!

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
I didn't see this mentioned (could have missed it) but this is GTG with bakelites?

Yes they work great!

-Dimitri

Yup.  In the video below around the 2:20 mark you'll see the combo in action:

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Just stumbled on this thread, never heard of them but I'll be ordering some.

I've been trying to figure out for a week what I was going to do for 922r compliance once I start swapping parts, this will make that easy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Will these work in mags that have had the dimples dremeled out?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Trumptone:
Will these work in mags that have had the dimples dremeled out?
View Quote

They did in the one I dremeled out.

Zero issues.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#37]

We did and they did not work as well, the original Yugo mags had an angle were the follower hit, the standard mags don't have it and metal on metal became very unreliable. These are made from a high strength glass filled polymer and metal bolt hold insert. Try dremeling one and see just how tough they are!!We have sold thousands and have not had a single customer service issue or return. We offer a life time unconditional no questions asked warranty.

-Dimitri
View All Quotes
I do wish you guys would make a steel version. I understand the reasons for polymer, but I would prefer steel.

We did and they did not work as well, the original Yugo mags had an angle were the follower hit, the standard mags don't have it and metal on metal became very unreliable. These are made from a high strength glass filled polymer and metal bolt hold insert. Try dremeling one and see just how tough they are!!We have sold thousands and have not had a single customer service issue or return. We offer a life time unconditional no questions asked warranty.

-Dimitri

Challenge accepted. They weren't too hard to cut. I had two 5 round magazines with shorter followers to make them 10 rounders. The new bho followers seem to function fine when cut down. The only issue is cutting them stops them from being anti-tilt mags, same with the original metal followers though.

Since I cut them, do you still back them up with the warranty? You told me to do it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:12:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#38]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Read the part where I quoted you. Yes, I cut the bottom off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]

I have only hand cycled ammo through these so far, I haven't field tested them, but they seem to be working fine.

In the third picture, where the arrow is pointing, there is a little wear from the rim of the casing when it is pushed forward. Is this wear normal?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
These work great!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Bought a few used Yugo BHO mags and 2 of the three would not reliably load the first round, even replaced the springs with wolf springs did not help.

These on the other hand function flawlessly in my polymer Romanian mags, Tapco 20 & 30 rounders and in two different style steel mags. Still have a few mags that need these, it's just to bad they don't work with the Magpul mags.

Thanks guys for all your testing and carrying such a great, value added product.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I like the BHO concept, picked up several 3 packs of the BHO followers to retrofit my Romanian surplus AK 20-rd mags. After installation, the follower seems to jam about halfway down the mag. The old metal followers worked fine. Does anyone have any experience with "Dremeling" a bit of the new followers to assist in smooth travel in the mag? Suggestions, ideas appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks Dimitri,

I know it does seem weird. I will check out the interiors of the mags. I had cleaned the interior and exterior after purchase of the milsurp Romanian mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#49]

We are working on it but its a ways out

-D
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beanz2:
So . . . still no news on 5.45 BHO followers?

http://blog.timesunion.com/highschool/files/2011/12/impatient.jpg

We are working on it but its a ways out

-D

Any chance of a 556 version? Which mag??? Probably the Bulgy waffles, but Norinco 556 would be cool too. Given the multitudes of different 223 AK mags it may be a money loser, but consider it a public sevice
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#50]
I converted three of my Hungarian tankers last fall, they've been used dozens of times since, no issues, will probably get more.
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top