AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/21/2014 3:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll toss a three pack in my cart when I order my 4x Compact Prism/ RS Regulate bundle.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

Are you running a 74? if not your going to have to wait for the 7.62x39 version of the 4X

Dimitri
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
I'll toss a three pack in my cart when I order my 4x Compact Prism/ RS Regulate bundle.

Are you running a 74? if not your going to have to wait for the 7.62x39 version of the 4X

Dimitri

Not so patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
*shrugs*
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This seems like it could be a cool product. It's certainly a good idea.

I might add some to my cart the next time I put in an order with PA.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been looking for some variation of this product for awhile.
Glad to see that you're starting to sell them. I just purchased two sets of 3 BHO Followers....
I'll probably be buying more as time goes on.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh I will. Especially since you guys have already shipped them to me.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Got them yesterday, but due to work, kids, chores around the house and being on midnights, I wasn't able to due anything with them until just now.

Most of my magazines are Yugo BHO mags, and I'm one of these anal retentive types that prefers to standardize on manual arms when possible. Having 87 different types of mags for my AK's isn't a big deal except that most of them are BHO mags and some are not.

I do have some Chinese mags I planned on dremeling off the "nub" to turn them into BHO mags, (did it to one, and it worked, never got around to doing it to the others). I also have some Circle 10 mags, some European mags that I assume are Romanian, and some Tapco mags I was given.....

The Weapon Tech BHO Followers have converted Chinese, Romanian, Bulgarian Circle 10, and Tapco mags into BHO mags.
I haven't had a chance to test them on the range, but running the bolt by hand and cycling rounds has shown that they work. Since the mags all worked before the BHO followers were installed, and all I did was change followers and not the mags, I do not see how these wont work in firing conditions. Since the Bulgarian Circle 10 Mags have a plastic follower and they're among the most reliable magazines one can buy, I don't have any issue with replacing the metal followers from my Chinese and Romanian magazines with the Weapon Tech Followers.

Of course, I now need to buy at least 10 more of these things so that I can "fix" my remaining Chinese, Romanian and Tapco magazines.

I will leave a review on the website about them once I get a chance to run them on the range.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
this is a pretty neat product.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Sounds like your good to go. Don't dremel your mags, during development we did it to a few and thought well everyone can do it, but something told me it can't be that easy took it to the range and with in 10 BHO actions the followers was ruined! The WEAPONTECH BHO followers will not let you down and will hold up over 30,000 rounds+

Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
Got them yesterday, but due to work, kids, chores around the house and being on midnights, I wasn't able to due anything with them until just now.

Most of my magazines are Yugo BHO mags, and I'm one of these anal retentive types that prefers to standardize on manual arms when possible. Having 87 different types of mags for my AK's isn't a big deal except that most of them are BHO mags and some are not.

I do have some Chinese mags I planned on dremeling off the "nub" to turn them into BHO mags, (did it to one, and it worked, never got around to doing it to the others). I also have some Circle 10 mags, some European mags that I assume are Romanian, and some Tapco mags I was given.....

The Weapon Tech BHO Followers have converted Chinese, Romanian, Bulgarian Circle 10, and Tapco mags into BHO mags.
I haven't had a chance to test them on the range, but running the bolt by hand and cycling rounds has shown that they work. Since the mags all worked before the BHO followers were installed, and all I did was change followers and not the mags, I do not see how these wont work in firing conditions. Since the Bulgarian Circle 10 Mags have a plastic follower and they're among the most reliable magazines one can buy, I don't have any issue with replacing the metal followers from my Chinese and Romanian magazines with the Weapon Tech Followers.

Of course, I now need to buy at least 10 more of these things so that I can "fix" my remaining Chinese, Romanian and Tapco magazines.

I will leave a review on the website about them once I get a chance to run them on the range.

Sounds like your good to go. Don't dremel your mags, during development we did it to a few and thought well everyone can do it, but something told me it can't be that easy took it to the range and with in 10 BHO actions the followers was ruined! The WEAPONTECH BHO followers will not let you down and will hold up over 30,000 rounds+

Dimitri

One Chinese mag with a steel follower was dremeled. It worked, but I don't feel its anywhere near the best way to do this. I don't like doing it because it permanently alters the magazine and leaves bare metal exposed. The Weapon Tech BHO followers are infinitely better IMO/IME as they don't permanently alter the magazine, they don't leave any exposed metal inside where it cannot be effectively kept clean, and they are designed to do what I need them to do.

I only did it because I was looking for something just like them but no one was selling/manufacturing them.

You guys have fixed that particular problem on all magazines that I own.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Really?  Whats the point of a bolt hold open mag if the bolt closes once you remove it from the weapon lol?  I have a bike with square wheels ill sell you real cheap, PM me if interested
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hooch33:
Really?  Whats the point of a bolt hold open mag if the bolt closes once you remove it from the weapon lol?  I have a bike with square wheels ill sell you real cheap, PM me if interested
View Quote

With full understanding that this is the case I am still interested in these.  The one gripe that most American shooters have about the AK is that your hammer can fall on an empty chamber as there is no BHO.

Even though the manual of arms for a reload will still require you to rack the charging handle ( as after you take the mag out, the bolt will go forward ) these followers will provide you with an indicator that your weapon is dry ( something that most AR platform shooters become accustomed to and rely on ).

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Hooch33:
View Quote

It lets you know that the magazine is empty and not a malfunction.

If you don't see the need for one, yay for your side.
Spend your money elsewhere.....like bike tires for example.

There is a desire for these, therefore they are selling them to people who want them...like me.

Capitalism....how does it work?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hooch33] [#19]
Lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess another advantage would be that the hammer is cocked when you change mags so it's easier to charge the bolt. As opposed to dropping the hammer on an empty chamber, reloading, cocking the hammer again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Used to think BHO mags were gimmicky. But now, all AK mags must have BHO followers, or bust

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I think this is an excellent idea! Well done!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#26]

I run into the " what good is it if the bolt drops?" well you know the gun is empty! I have ran around for over 15+ seconds only to pull the trigger and hear CLICK!!! Thank God it was not in a self defense situation.

Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:
Used to think BHO mags were gimmicky. But now, all AK mags must have BHO followers, or bust

I run into the " what good is it if the bolt drops?" well you know the gun is empty! I have ran around for over 15+ seconds only to pull the trigger and hear CLICK!!! Thank God it was not in a self defense situation.

Dimitri

I think I will get some of these and if they hold up, I will work them into my training regimen.  If all goes well, I will run these in my AK loadout, as there is an obvious benefit ( to me ) of knowing when my weapon is dry.  

HOWEVER I will also continue to train with standard mags, to keep up the manual of arms.  This is for just in case I'm in such a bad way, that I find myself doing a battlefield pickup to keep my weapon running.  Chances are what I grab off of someone who doesn't need it anymore will not also be running BHO AK mags.

Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#28]

We tested over 1000 BHO actions on the prototype and it looks as good as new, and why we offer a lifetime warranty.

Dimitri
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yankee82nd:
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:

Dimitri

I think I will get some of these and if they hold up, I will work them into my training regimen.  If all goes well, I will run these in my AK loadout, as there is an obvious benefit ( to me ) of knowing when my weapon is dry.  

HOWEVER I will also continue to train with standard mags, to keep up the manual of arms.  This is for just in case I'm in such a bad way, that I find myself doing a battlefield pickup to keep my weapon running.  Chances are what I grab off of someone who doesn't need it anymore will not also be running BHO AK mags.

Just food for thought.

We tested over 1000 BHO actions on the prototype and it looks as good as new, and why we offer a lifetime warranty.

Dimitri

DAMNIT Primary Arms. You got me. YOU GOT ME!!

It's not even a sale and the power of ARFCOM and your products has me ordering 6 of these puppies. I'm mostly a 5.45 shooter but my -47 will be trying these out.

<shakes fist>

I hope I at least get a sticker with my order.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I got nine 7.62 Circle 10 with these.  My other ones had the old Falcon Arms Chinese style followers made into BHO.  Those were a bit of a pain to make into BHO followers as there are spots on the followers I had to clearance to make them rise to almost touch the feed lips.  Weapontech BHO followers were drop ins and they work.

I can't wait for the 5.45 version to come out.

While you're at it, Dimitri, why not make .223 BHO followers too?   You know, the kind Robinson Arms and East Germans use to convert 5.45 mags to load .223 reliably?  I always see guys on AK boards looking for those.  I'd be in for a few.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Email in [email protected] ask them to draw on your box

Dimitri
View Quote

Already received them. I can confirm that they fit in Chinese mags and work great in a MAK90 functioning the bolt with my hand.

I would like to not that if you insert an empty mag on a closed bolt it does make cycling the bolt pretty tough.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Good go with Tapco mags?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Yup
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DVSFred:
Good go with Tapco mags?

Yup

My experience as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh HELL yes... This product was NEEDED.

If it works as intended you guys just made me poorer.

Any first hand experience using these in Romanian mags? Do they work?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll get a couple sets for my truck gun mags. If I like them this will get really expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:55:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_CRISIS] [#41]
Yeah my Yugo didn't come with Yugo mags (go figure)  so I haven't had the chance to play with BHO. Being relatively new to AKs I've been buying regular steel combloc mags to get started as well as five Magpuls, and ten Tapco slabsides.

Do y'all know if these will need to be shortened or anything for 20 round Hungarian mags?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I do wish you guys would make a steel version. I understand the reasons for polymer, but I would prefer steel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I took mine to the range again the other day....
Zero issues throughout the entire range session.
200 rounds of Tula, 5 rounds per magazine, 6 magazines total.
Bulgarian Circle 10 mags, Romanian steel, and Chinese.
Last round held open each time.

I will be buying more of these BHO Followers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Marshall] [#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Better idea. How about a high viz version? Orange or red followers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By D_CRISIS:
View Quote

Spray paint, my friend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Even Magpul is dropping colored pmags since black is stronger.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Not talking about mags, just the followers. And for those color polymer must be good enough since their AK mags have bright red followers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Not talking about mags, just the followers. And for those color polymer must be good enough since their AK mags have bright red followers.
View All Quotes

... These followers are getting smacked by an angry bolt... I would use the strongest polymer available.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_CRISIS] [#50]
Technically, a chunk of steel is getting smacked. It's worth at least consideration and possibly testing if they think it's doable.
All  just took 5 followers out in 20 round Hungarians. I'll be getting more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » New AK Products
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top