BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2014 7:34:03 AM EDT
FB Radom established in Texas it's subsidiary to serve US civilian market. No more I.O. hacksaw gunsmithing?

http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/?d=105&tid=231
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
This is great news! IO is bottom of the barrel.

I only hope they bring in something besides just the Beryl. I would love a traditional polish made AKM.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I only hope they bring in something besides just the Beryl. I would love a traditional polish made AKM.
View Quote

FB Radom does not make 7.62 AKM any more. What you can expect is Beryl and Mini-Beryl (in pistol configuration) in 5.56 and 5.45. Possibly also new pistol from FB Radom. MSBS is still long way to go, FB Radom does not own all rights to it, plus US AIWB can be more tricky for this kind of rifle, than it is for AK style rifle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#3]
how about ummm, how about those SVD's (SWD) the Polish Army isn't using anymore, we'll take all of them
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking foward to a Beryl

Quoted:

FB Radom does not make 7.62 AKM any more. What you can expect is Beryl and Mini-Beryl (in pistol configuration) in 5.56 and 5.45. Possibly also new pistol from FB Radom. MSBS is still long way to go, FB Radom does not own all rights to it, plus US AIWB can be more tricky for this kind of rifle, than it is for AK style rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how about ummm, how about those SVD's (SWD) the Polish Army isn't using anymore, we'll take all of them
View Quote

Those that were for sale are already sold, those they keep (SWD-M) are so far out of reach.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The Beryl Pistol is on my wishlist to SBR.  I hope they bring import the VIS35 Pistol too!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those that were for sale are already sold, those they keep (SWD-M) are so far out of reach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, thanks for crushing my hopes. I really want someone to start making an SVD rifle in the states. I mean, com'on. The demand is there. WHY U NO MAKE SVD?

I'd still possibly take a Beryl 5.56 rifle though, or maybe even a 7.62 variant. Probably leaning closer to the 5.56 variant though. Originality and I'm stocking up on 5.56 every week.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys should read the information in the following link, as it comes straight from Ted Marshall who is part of this new expansion of FB Radom in the USA.  He talks about a few tid bits of information, but can't talk about everything yet, as some things are still being finalized.  This is exciting news for the US market.

FB Radom USA info

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Information is surfacing that the ATF is claiming that the 5.45 ban is a direct result of Radoms 89 pistol. If true, I wonder what the potential backlash will be on Radom and how it will affect their future plans if at all?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Information is surfacing that the ATF is claiming that the 5.45 ban is a direct result of Radoms 89 pistol. If true, I wonder what the potential backlash will be on Radom and how it will affect their future plans if at all?
View Quote

The ATF is just looking for ANY excuse to ban everything, so I wouldn't beat up Radom too much about it. If it wasn't them it would have been someone else sooner or later.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:08:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

ZM "Lucznik" Radom didn't make wz.89 Onyks as pistol. Plus it is not in production since 1994 or so.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/04/040714-special-advisory-test-examination-and-classification-7n6-545x39-ammunition.html

This directly from the ATF:

"When ATF tested the 7N6 samples provided by CBP, they were found to contain a steel core.  ATF’s analysis also concluded that the ammunition could be used in a commercially available handgun, the Fabryka Bronie Radom, Model Onyks 89S, 5.45x39 caliber semi-automatic pistol, which was approved for importation into the United States in November 2011."
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2014/04/040714-special-advisory-test-examination-and-classification-7n6-545x39-ammunition.html

This directly from the ATF:

"When ATF tested the 7N6 samples provided by CBP, they were found to contain a steel core.  ATF’s analysis also concluded that the ammunition could be used in a commercially available handgun, the Fabryka Bronie Radom, Model Onyks 89S, 5.45x39 caliber semi-automatic pistol, which was approved for importation into the United States in November 2011."
View Quote

So looks like some surplus importer (my bet goes on I.O. Inc.) wanted to import Onyks as a pistol and named FB Radom as manufacturer. FB Radom (Fabryka Broni "Lucznik" w Radomiu) never produced Onyks. It did not exist when Onyks went out of mnaufacture. It was only made by "Lucznik" (Zaklady Mechaniczne "Lucznik" w Radomiu) aka (11). ZM Lucznik went bankrupt in 2000. FB Radom was new company that bought some assets of ZM Lucznik to continue manufacture of Beryl.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#14]
So not only was the pistol never imported, it was never even manufactured by Radom so all the info they based the ban on is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So not only was the pistol never imported, it was never even manufactured by Radom so all the info they based the ban on is wrong.
View Quote

This is not shocking, the Administration is looking for ANY reason to ban ANY firearms and ammunition. It seems the application for an import license alone is enough for them to act. Even if that weapon was never imported or even made for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I sure hope we'll get the MSBS here.  That rifle looks very promising.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is not shocking, the Administration is looking for ANY reason to ban ANY firearms and ammunition. It seems the application for an import license alone is enough for them to act. Even if that weapon was never imported or even made for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per info it was approved to import in 2011 and they did not notice that for almost 3 years? I think they were digging up to find something that supports decision already made and this was first hit their query.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Per info it was approved to import in 2011 and they did not notice that for almost 3 years? I think they were digging up to find something that supports decision already made and this was first hit their query.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not put anything past this Administration.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:I would not put anything past this Administration.
View Quote

I know how bureaucracy works. I live on public sector here. Mentality is universal globally.

Things do not magically show up, when someone found a file that fall behind the drawer. They were looking for something like it, digging back trough papers.  Or someone had bright moment of recollection on some meeting on "how can we ban 5.45 surplus ammo from coming to our shores".
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope they build a full line of goodness . More builders the better
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Any new updates?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any new updates?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#23]
FB Radom moved out from old facilities in centre of Radom to new one on outskirts of Radom (near hwy to Warsaw). I could not come to official opening ceremony (big party, with politicians and what not), but soon will have full tour of new facility. I hope to get some informations and finally pick up some stuff (he knows what) for one forum member (he knows who) ;)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
FB Radom moved out from old facilities in centre of Radom to new one on outskirts of Radom (near hwy to Warsaw). I could not come to official opening ceremony (big party, with politicians and what not), but soon will have full tour of new facility. I hope to get some informations and finally pick up some stuff (he knows what) for one forum member (he knows who) ;)
View Quote

Sounds good. You should get something this week.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Come on AR magazine adapters!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:Sounds good. You should get something this week.
View Quote

I will visit factory tomorrow. Hope to have some news that I can share.

BTW Those jelly beans are killing me. Especially mixed with honey peanut butter. Must go on diet!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#27]
^ Any news on the US branch?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Nope. I've met CEO, but there were other pressing matters to discuss. I just did not have opportunity to ask about it before he flee to next meeting. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#29]
No worries; I'll just keep checking up for updates
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#31]
They are in process of sorting out all red tape - they need tons of licences, I've been told. Can't start importing and selling even a roll pin without it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Soooo...

Any word if they'll produce the new MSBS here?

I'd take one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Soooo...

I'd take one.
View Quote

Apparently its a matter of time. But I don't like waiting.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soooo...

I'd take one.

I'd probably be more interested in a Beryl Archer in 5.56 since it'll probably be a lot cheaper (and I'd like an AK that has better ballistics than the 7.62 round, without having to go 5.45) but yeah, It'll probably be a while before they get going.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
bump
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Any update?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#37]
In, and I will f!$@ing cry of they don't sell AKMs.
Not even my ARs shoot 5.5fail/.223.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm 99% sure they will not be selling AKM's in 7.62 x 39 or 5.45
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#39]
That makes me very sad.
Please understand, no offense intended, but I hope your wrong!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd sell body parts to get a Polish AK in .556
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Seems they officially announced it at SHOT show this week. AK operators union local 47/74 reported it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Seems they officially announced it at SHOT show this week. AK operators union local 47/74 reported it.
View Quote

Link???
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I want these:

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes please, to hell with the Archer if I can get that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Montrala, do you know if FB Radom is planning on bringing in a 7.62 x 39 mm version of the Beryl?

I read somewhere that there is such thing as Beryl in 7.62 currently produced for the Nigerian Army. I don't know if any of this is true, but maybe you know something?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Montrala, do you know if FB Radom is planning on bringing in a 7.62 x 39 mm version of the Beryl? I read somewhere that there is such thing as Beryl in 7.62 currently produced for the Nigerian Army. I don't know if any of this is true, but maybe you know something?
View Quote
The first batch of 1,000 Beryl M762 assault rifles (select fire variant) was send to Nigeria one week ago. Generally it is a wz. 96 Beryl but chambered in 7.62x39 mm with separate selector and safe levers, but a single prototype of M762 with the AK-safety/selector switch was also created.

The Beryl M762 was presented in the US on SHOT Show 2015 at FB booth. According to FB representatives so far the semi-automatic civilian variant of the M762 would not be available, because - and I quote - "It would be just an another AK". But we in Poland also try to push them to built them for our market.

The Beryl M762 compared to Beryl M545 and wz. 96C Beryl (a Polish Army standard issued rifle).

A prototype of a new translucent polymer 7.62 magazine manufactured for the Beryl M762.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#48]

;-)
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I wouldn't exactly say it's "just another AK". If you really think about it there's not much high quality out-of-the box AK's. Canted sights/gas blocks are passed off as a normal thing if that says anything.

Then there's the special order $2k+ RD and Krebs rifles. They are nice, but there isn't much to choose from out of factory offerings.

I'm sure there's lots of people who would really want a Beryl, but the magazines are always an issue to think about. With the 7.62 that problem goes away.

Quoted:
The first batch of 1,000 Beryl M762 assault rifles (select fire variant) was send to Nigeria one week ago. Generally it is a wz. 96 Beryl but chambered in 7.62x39 mm with separate selector and safe levers, but a single prototype of M762 with the AK-safety/selector switch was also created.

The Beryl M762 was presented in the US on SHOT Show 2015 at FB booth. According to FB representatives so far the semi-automatic civilian variant of the M762 would not be available, because - and I quote - "It would be just an another AK". But we in Poland also try to push them to built them for our market.

http://abload.de/img/beryl_m762rrupg.jpg
http://abload.de/img/_p1550767-8005uu2u.jpg
http://abload.de/img/_p1550662-800ivunt.jpg

http://abload.de/img/_p1550665-50003uw1.jpg
The Beryl M762 compared to Beryl M545 and wz. 96C Beryl (a Polish Army standard issued rifle).

http://abload.de/img/_dsc03599-80027q4r.jpg
A prototype of a new translucent polymer 7.62 magazine manufactured for the Beryl M762.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Montrala, do you know if FB Radom is planning on bringing in a 7.62 x 39 mm version of the Beryl? I read somewhere that there is such thing as Beryl in 7.62 currently produced for the Nigerian Army. I don't know if any of this is true, but maybe you know something?

http://abload.de/img/beryl_m762rrupg.jpg
http://abload.de/img/_p1550767-8005uu2u.jpg
http://abload.de/img/_p1550662-800ivunt.jpg

http://abload.de/img/_p1550665-50003uw1.jpg

http://abload.de/img/_dsc03599-80027q4r.jpg

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#50]
tag,
I am between this and a Galil Ace...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top