Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2014 10:51:14 AM EDT
1. M70 O-PAP from Atlantic firarms.  $569.00
These Zastava AK-47 M70 PAP 7.62x39mm rifles have a 16" barrel, Traditional Surplus wood stock with black synthetic pistol grip, Yugo pattern RPK heavy duty receiver, Side mounted optics rail, and a slant cut muzzle brake. Comes with 2 -30 round hi capacity magazines (Mag type and origin may vary). Manufactured in Serbia in the famous Zastava Military Arms factory .  Accepts all standard in spec AK magazines for 7.62x39 caliber.

2. Yugo M70AB2 (not ab2T) .  $579.00
These are Yugoslavian AK-47 rifles called M70AB2, with underfolding buttstock, and polymer forestock, new US made RPK style receiver, de-activated flip up night sights, grenade sight, bayonet lug, and removable slant cut muzzle brake. Comes with one magazine. Accepts all standard AK mags. 7.62x39 caliber. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original surplus parts. May or may not include cleaning rod.

OR

3. SSR-85c-2 $900.00 cash
-href=http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/st_sdoyle/th_3209b3c1e40be507afe21c21ab32f411.jpg" />

Not a real big shooter, about 2-3 times a year with the rifles so I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg.  I really like the yugo underfolder, but have read reviews about people not liking the underfolder.  And quality issues about it coming loose.  

Can't find much on the SSR-85c-2. Is $900 a good price from an individual?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
1st option, not a fan of the polymer furniture that century puts on their guns, have heard horror stories of it melting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea that's what I'm leaning towards.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an older school Full stock Yugo, one of the stamped ones. The pre PAP stuff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be leaning towards the O-Pap myself.  The SSR-C is nice, the old Arsenal in Houston made them.  It is Bulgarian parts on a Hungarian FEG reciever.  It is a nice rifle, but you can get ammo and accessories with the difference.  I am very tempted to get the O-Pap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Id get the AB2. Then id just swap out the stock with wood. The AB2 was used in the balkans war so i see it having better long term value.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top