Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2011 8:26:18 PM EDT
I've got a nice Polish underfolder made by these guys. Are they conected with CAI at all? The receiver is a NDS-P1
and the workmanship is really very good, numbers matching even. Any connection between the two? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That's Nodak Spud, they just make receivers Century built the rifle. Nodak makes the best receiver available as far as I know. The two companies are nit connected as far as I know, Century just bought the receivers from NDS and built on them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2012 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
When NoDak Spud started, they didn't have a manufacturing license, so they the receivers were marked DCI (Dan Coonan Industries).  Dan manufactured the FAL receivers for FAC and Harlan was the sales manager at FAC.  When FAC went bankrupt, they had a cooperative relationship for a while.  Now DCI is closed and is now Coonan Inc., making FAL receivers and 1911s.  Nodak now has their own manufacturing license and makes AK receivers, as well as Uzi and AR Retros.

Century did build a number of rifles on Nodak Receivers, but if unmarked as to the type, it is likely an NDS-3 "economy".

If it is marked NDS-1P it is the premium polish underfolder receiver.  The NDS-1 is laser cut, the NDS-3 punch cut.  While both are good, the NDS-1 is in my opinion worth the additional cost, as it pays for itself in the ease of the build.

It is important to note that NoDak Spud does not sell complete rifles.  The quality of the finished build is as much a factor of who did the build as the host receiver.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the information. I think it's neat to know how all the companys involved got together.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#5]
So if I were to buy a Century Arms Yugo Underfolding M70AB2 with the receiver marked "DC Industries, Inc. St. Paul MN. I can believe this to be a Nodak Spud receiver?
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
yes
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top