Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 1:08:37 PM EDT
blackthorne has m16 mag adapters for galil, any good??
thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Generally, I haven't heard a single good thing about anything Blackthorn is associated with...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of the unfinished UZI America (UA) mag adapters a few years back that just needed the catch pivot pin and spring installed and it works like a champ. I found it fairly cheap on Gunbroker as it had surface rust, which was easily remedied with sandblasting and Parkerizing. Other than a minute for drilling the pivot pin hole for the pin to retain the catch it was a breeze. I think I paid $25 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
blackthorne has m16 mag adapters for galil, any good??
thanks
View Quote

+1 on the above comments. Although they look to be direct copies of the UA adapters, from what I learned from a few smiths, the mag angle is off on the units and it takes some work to get them to work properly, and even that is inconsistent. If you can find a UA get it. I got one several months ago, and am looking for another.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone use the UA mag adapters on any other rifle besides a Galil. Was looking to try it on a Bulgy build.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be curious to see if it would work in a VALMET.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd be curious to see if it would work in a VALMET.
View Quote

The only issue I would see with Valmet and AK is the thickness of the receiver. The UA adapter was designed for a a Galil receiver which is milled and thicker than a sheet metal receiver, so not sure there would be a tight lockup where it inserts into the front of the magwell. Im sure that can be overcome.

Anyone out there try this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Years ago, when the UA adapters were cheap, I tried to make one fit a Valmet 76. No go, too much had to come off the front locking lug [mainly] and several other places on it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Years ago, when the UA adapters were cheap, I tried to make one fit a Valmet 76. No go, too much had to come off the front locking lug [mainly] and several other places on it.
View Quote

Im figuring any other stamped receiver would probably be a no go as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought some of the adapters maybe 20+ years ago.
It still has some rust spots on it. I never did get around to cleaning it up and repark it.
It is install it on one of mine.
I had to drill a hole and install a pin in it.
It works fine on mine.
I still have the other 2 in a box.( one of them in picture)

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Blackthorne does have Factory Israeli Galil .308 25 round mags, best price going.
I've bought several, no problems.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
How much is the going rate for the UA mag adapters?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blackthorne sells what appears to be a direct copy of the UA adapter for about $120. However, in speaking with several prominent AK builders, the dimensions are a bit off, and it takes a bit of work to get them to run correctly. I paid $125 for my UA about a year ago. I've seen a few in the last month ranging anywhere from $150 to $300.

I would say if you get fine one around $175, that's a realistic price.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be selling my close to new UA adapter soon on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Blackthorne sells what appears to be a direct copy of the UA adapter for about $120. However, in speaking with several prominent AK builders, the dimensions are a bit off, and it takes a bit of work to get them to run correctly. I paid $125 for my UA about a year ago. I've seen a few in the last month ranging anywhere from $150 to $300.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So does anyone know what an original IMI mag adapter goes for now a days?

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top