Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
It's got a fake can.

They list it as having been built by Jeff Miller.

Anbody have one?

Did you SBR it?

Pic from CNC's website

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I really want a Micro Galil, but damn, not for $2500....

Let us know how you like it! I'd SBR that thing IMMEDIATELY!

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really want a Micro Galil, but damn, not for $2500....

Let us know how you like it! I'd SBR that thing IMMEDIATELY!

View Quote

Hear ya.  Only live once though.  Plus if the quality is consistent with Miller's other builds, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Just ordered a railed gas tube for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeff Miller does excellent work, I have a Galil ARM built by him. Have you seen the prices on the Galil's kits though ? There priced at half what they normally sell for. It might of been cheaper to just get the lower from CNC Warrior and send it with a parts kit to Jeff.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jeff Miller does excellent work, I have a Galil ARM built by him. Have you seen the prices on the Galil's kits though ? There priced at half what they normally sell for. It might of been cheaper to just get the lower from CNC Warrior and send it with a parts kit to Jeff.  
View Quote

I'd rather just pay a premium and not have to deal with the hassle of getting the parts, shipping the parts, paying for insurance, etc.

I know he has a good rep, but, for example, I had a bad, very bad, experience with Gruning Precision that has soured me on the "send my rifles/parts" routine and I just don't want to bother.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
They look sweet. Jeff has my micro and my R5 kits right now. He told me that I was the last, or one of the last, he was accepting kits from (back in May) as he is taking a break from building starting this December. So, if you want a Hillbilly Micro I think this is about the only way to get one right now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey shoot us some pics bro. I'm tossing around the idea of one myself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeff Miller does great work.  There are a few highly competent Galil builders out here but Jeff has no peer. His quality and attention to details does take time though.  if you need a micro right now buy a built unit from CNC and do your paperwork.  That is a lot faster than the parts kit, receiver, Form 1 and then build process I took.  I posted this in the SBR section of the Armory but here is my recent Micro built by Jeff:

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump

Here it is.

ipotato pic doesn't do it justice.

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.  I still haven't figured out  the differences in the 2 styles of stocks.  Do your form 1 and free that puppy up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Very nice.  I still haven't figured out  the differences in the 2 styles of stocks.  Do your form 1 and free that puppy up.
View Quote

Hear ya and plan to. Also got a railed gas tube that needs some fitting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one identical to this. It shot ok but I always gravitated back to the AR. I also had some issues feeding 5.56 they would sometimes fail to feed, but it was likely just a bad mag since it didn't do it often.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top