Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2013 3:37:40 PM EDT
I've been searching for a Golani for some time local to me as I wanted to see it before I bought it. Finally, I found one in a local scam pawn shop and it was below reasonable market value. I immediately bought it, obviously. The rifle itself looks brand new, had there not been residue in the barrel I'd swear its never been shot. Anyway the magwell is a little oversized and results in a considerable amount of wobble with the steel 35rnd magazine it came with. Golani magazines are expensive, not always reliable and somewhat difficult to get. I already have an AR15 and several magazines for it. What is everyones thoughts on the AR15 magwell?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The steel mags I had for mine would have some wobble to them, but the poly mags worked great and locked in solid. I'd suggest you find a couple of them.

Never used the AR mag adapters. Too expensive for what it is IMO and I hate the way it looks. But that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the steel galil mags in my golani wobble more than others, they seem to vary. The orlites fit tight though. My favorite mag for mine is actually the tapco mags. Normally I'm not a fan of anything tapco, but they fit and feed better than any other type in mine. I like the fact they are a bit shorter too.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This is good to know. I finally got mine out to the range yesterday and even though the steel magazines I have wobble significantly it fed fine 100% of the time. I will pickup a handful of the tapco magazines and try them out. Their price is certainly appealing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can get over the wobble, that extra play may be a contributing factor to the reliable feeding-
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I found that South African steel R4 mags fit quite snug. In fact I had to file the lug slightly to get them insert without undue force.

And, at the time, they were reasonably priced.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top