Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2016 10:40:52 PM EDT
I've had a npap laying around in my safe for a year or two that I've never shot. These guns have that notorious high comb on the stock and I've recently been flirting with having my brother sand it down, but im wondering if that higher cheek weld would be optimal for mounting up a scope. Anyone with a scoped npap care to chime in?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the N-PAP in the black stock and even though it is a little lower than the wood stock I mounted the Primary Arms 4x for the 7.62x39 using an RS scope mount (I think it's the AK307).  

I can't speak of the wood stock but the black one is the perfect height for my set up.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up a new NPAP in January 2016. NO HIGH COMB! They must have heard the complaints. No cheek slap now.

Also, there is a sling attachment on the underside of the wood stock. MUCH better...

I'm going to go with a Primary Arms red dot with their mount as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a NPAP that I have a modified Midwest industries scope mount and a Nikon M-300BLK scope mounted in Warne low rings.  Only thing is that I have an ACE folder on it so I cannot comment on how the cheek weld is with the factory wood stock.  The setup works very well and the factory stock will probably work just fine with this configuration.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I would suggest trying to find one of the newer N-PAP stocks, as mentioned they now use an AKM profile milling on the wood stocks, which is way more comfortable. I don't know that they are sold individually by anyone yet, but worth a shot to ask Atlantic or others.

The modified MI rail works but in my experience is not extremely solid. Mine wants to shift on my M77 unless you clamp it down while pressing in a precise location.

I would go with a TWS rail or RS Regulate mount. The PAP rifles are high enough quality to warrant a few pennies spent on a decent mounting setup.

I really wish the importers of these rifles had done a better job of encouraging Zastava to bundle the ZRAK mount intended to be used with these rifles.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top