Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 11:52:54 PM EDT
Just picked up my first AK47 today. An OPAP from Prepper Gun Shop. I have to say after owning only AR's, an AK feels like a tank, (in a good way).  No frills, fewer parts, has a nice weight and feel to it. I like it.  Eric at Prepper was very helpful and responded to my emails very quickly. He seems like a good guy. I will be buying more from Prepper, but first time to take my new tool for a walk.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
An O-Pap, like many Yugos, weighs more than other AK variants from other countries.  A thicker receiver, bulged trunnion, and heavier barrel makes it a little more weighty compared to some.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Mind telling us how much you paid? I originally wanted an O-pap, but ended up with a WASR 10.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats OP! My OPAP is sitting, unfired, in a dark room accumulating dust........waiting. But my other Yugos enjoy their "walks!"

Now get started on refinishing (finishing?) that wood!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mind telling us how much you paid? I originally wanted an O-pap, but ended up with a WASR 10.
View Quote

If he just got it then, presumably, it was $610.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
do they really have hammer forged barrels?

Atlantic firearms shows they do in the ad

O-PAP Features

Yugoslavian Quality Hammer Forged Barrel

Thicker 1.5 mm Receiver will increase accuracy of the rifle

Military Grade Bulged Trunion , This area is reinforced to aid in accuracy & long term durability

Military Grade Double stack bolt

Side receiver Rail for ability to add a scope mount and Optic

Original Military Wood Furniture gives the gun an Authentic Look ,NRA Very Good ( Wood Condition and Finish may vary , no custom options offered)

One Year Factory Warranty

Please note the front sight base may show signs of Import conversions on lower part of front sight.

QC Inspected ( Quick Check Inspection ): Our staff will perform a quick Visual inspection of the firearm's sights ( no cants within reason ), Magazine fit ( positive lock up ), Action operates  ( bolt moves freely ) . This is an Atlantic Firearm Exclusive program .

Please N

edit mr gunsngear confirmed they are hammer forged just not chrome lined

all good

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they are CHF.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

An O-Pap, like many Yugos, weighs more than other AK variants from other countries.  A thicker receiver, bulged trunnion, and heavier barrel makes it a little more weighty compared to some.
View Quote
Yep, my NPAP has noticeably more weight than the WASR I handled the other day. Still love it. Longer handguard adds to that as well.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My first AK is an OPAP from the same place.  I am very happy with it as well.  Compared to my ARs it is very heavy.  I decided to go for the full Yugo experience and bought a bunch of Yugo BHO from the EE and a case of M67 from SGAmmo.com.  The M67 also is great because I like to shoot at my indoor range.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
OPAP's are nice! Congrats
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just picked up my first AK47 today. An OPAP from Prepper Gun Shop. I have to say after owning only AR's, an AK feels like a tank, (in a good way).  No frills, fewer parts, has a nice weight and feel to it. I like it.  Eric at Prepper was very helpful and responded to my emails very quickly. He seems like a good guy. I will be buying more from Prepper, but first time to take my new tool for a walk.
View Quote

Thought it worth mentioning, do clean the O-PAP, especially the bolt. I don't know if it was test fired, but my recoil assembly was just about solid cosmoline and the bolt looked like it had never been cleaned, full of rusty looking gunk.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thought it worth mentioning, do clean the O-PAP, especially the bolt. I don't know if it was test fired, but my recoil assembly was just about solid cosmoline and the bolt looked like it had never been cleaned, full of rusty looking gunk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought another OPAP last week, this time from Preppers. Rifle was immaculate. I stripped it to clean out the shavings, couldn't find any. Bolt was clean too. Eric (owner) at Preppers took care of me, answered emails after hours, best customer service I've ever received. When I pulled up the live chat on their website, Eric answered.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been eyeing an Opap from preppers for a while. I'm just waiting to get a little extra $
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been eyeing an Opap from preppers for a while. I'm just waiting to get a little extra $
View Quote

Dunno if it's just hype or what. I've read no more OPAPs.

You might call around, get a feel on your time frame.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine is due at my FFL tomorrow (31st). All my interaction with Preppers was very smooth. Obviously haven't seen it yet.

But they are showing back in stock on their web site as of now.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top