Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/29/2015 10:25:51 PM EDT
The heading is from the website - Not my words!!

Just passing this along, I have no affliation and have never done business with them before. I bought my O-Pap back when they first were imported and I love it! Just passing along because I sometimes see others ask about them.

Prepper Gun Shop
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The heading is from the website - Not my words!!

Just passing this along, I have no affliation and have never done business with them before. I bought my O-Pap back when they first were imported and I love it! Just passing along because I sometimes see others ask about them.

Prepper Gun Shop
View Quote

Worth $699 IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to have one, wish I would've bought one when they were $550
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how much stock I'd put in their claims. They've got a habit of using hype to sell rifles. I'm not saying they're a shady dealer, just that their sales tactics tend to lean heavily on "buy it now, because they'll never, ever, ever, be imported again!!!"

Still worth it at that price, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx for the heads up. 3 left now.

Atlantic Firearms has them also.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Any with the Crest?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought one at $530, for $699 I will pass.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Price dropped to $609 now
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#8]
O-PAPs are NOT in the 2015 Century .pdf Catalog...N-PAPs are.

If you do a Search at Century with their O-PAP manufacturer #, RI2090-N, it's as if it does NOT exist.

Atlantic (and Bud's IIRC) also has some of the last O-PAPs from Century...I put one on layaway at Atlantic on Friday.

If you want the O-PAPs 1.5mm military (RPK) receiver with all its advantages, now is the time.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O-PAPs are NOT in the 2015 Century .pdf Catalog...N-PAPs are.

If you do a Search at Century with their O-PAP manufacturer #, RI2090-N, it's as if it does NOT exist.

Atlantic (and Bud's IIRC) also has some of the last O-PAPs from Century...I put one on layaway at Atlantic on Friday.

If you want the O-PAPs 1.5mm military (RPK) receiver with all its advantages, now is the time.

View Quote

Dang, guess these really are the last ones! Glad I got mine back when J&G had them for around $500.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]
They're the last ones alright - until the next batch comes in.
Same for the Dracos.
Same for the C93's, same for the M70AB2s.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're the last ones alright - until the next batch comes in.
Same for the Dracos.
Same for the C93's, same for the M70AB2s.
View Quote

Century must not be expecting O-PAPs anytime soon, they're not in the 2015 Catalog, and a search on Century shows nada....

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought one of these yesterday.

Yugo O-PAP
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
That same website has been saying that for a while now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont know much about AKs, how do you tell a good one from a bad one, given so many countries of manufacture?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I dont know much about AKs, how do you tell a good one from a bad one, given so many countries of manufacture?
View Quote

Easy, if it's a Yugo it's a bad one.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh paps.  Heavy and weird fit n finish.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called them before I purchased it, was told they had that quantity and my CC has been charged already.  We'll see though, I hope this works out for me.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't expect there to be an issue.  I think they've been in stock with them since last summer or fall when a shipment came in.  I got one back then, still have it.  I personally like the OPAP's much more than I do the NPAP.  Only thing I did to mine was put a Yugo M76 buttstock on it as I like that stock much better.

Quoted:

I called them before I purchased it, was told they had that quantity and my CC has been charged already.  We'll see though, I hope this works out for me.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Them's fightin' words!
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weird fit and finish? Fit and finish on Zastava rifles is probably better than any other make!
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Weird fit and finish? Fit and finish on Zastava rifles is probably better than any other make!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you come from a five pound Mattel to a ten pound Yugo, it does get a little weird doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been out of the AK game for a few years now but my son talked me into having at least one in our collection.  I've owned a Yugo M70AB2, Romanian SAR-1 and a Bulgarian 74.

For the money and build quality in today's AK market I chose the Yugo O-PAP for what I think are obvious reasons.  I pick mine up today and will try to post some pics soon.  My only request for my AK were it to not have canted sights.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure there may be some Shmo out there with a OPAP with canted sights (if there is, sorry Shmo) - but I've never seen one.  I've owned probably half a dozen OPAPs - they've all been good.  One of the many saving graces of the OPAPs - they are NOT put together by the monkey's at century.  Earl

Quoted:

I've been out of the AK game for a few years now but my son talked me into having at least one in our collection.  I've owned a Yugo M70AB2, Romanian SAR-1 and a Bulgarian 74.

For the money and build quality in today's AK market I chose the Yugo O-PAP for what I think are obvious reasons.  I pick mine up today and will try to post some pics soon.  My only request for my AK were it to not have canted sights.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2016 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's to hoping yours is straight!

The surplus wood will likely be ugly (I suspect they remove the cosmoline by dumping the wood in a barrel of bleach) but a little TLC will have them looking good in no time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The surplus wood will likely be ugly (I suspect they remove the cosmoline by dumping the wood in a barrel of bleach) but a little TLC will have them looking good in no time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked it up yesterday and the sights are indeed straight.  The front handguards are new but the stock was old and had cosmoline caked on it but it cleaned up nicely.  Overall I was very pleased with the rifle except for one rivet at the front right trunion which could have been smashed flatter at the head.  I hope to take pics shortly and will post them here.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They actually have them in stock.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Overall I was very pleased with the rifle except for one rivet at the front right trunion which could have been smashed flatter at the head.  I hope to take pics shortly and will post them here.  

It's normal on the o-pap.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Okay...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...

You made it sound like they didn't have any.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Okay...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...

No, I simply said that they've been saying that it's the last of the O-PAP's for a while. Meaning that it wasn't the last of them and they are using the typical doom and gloom sales tactic of "There's no more after this! Buy now, buy, buy, buy or you'll regret it forever!". Don't really see how that implies they don't have any in stock when it's implying the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top