Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 12:30:35 AM EDT
I bought my new rifle a few weeks ago. Finally got to put about 300 rounds through it today. First time ever shooting an AK of any kind and I AM HOOKED! I have an AR15 I shoot often and while the AR certainly is a more refined rifle, theres just something about this AK that makes it just a blast to shoot.

Just thought id share!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as it shoots with in 16inch circle from 25 yards to 1000 yards then your good to go.They are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as it shoots with in 16inch circle from 25 yards to 1000 yards then your good to go.They are fun to shoot.
View Quote

haha.....I hear ya!

Took me about 9 shots to sight it in at 25 meters.....Im pretty shocked at the accuracy even using Tula ammo. Im putting 3 shot groups with 1" at 25 meters. I didn't get a chance to stretch it out because I started practicing 3 round bursts....All serious shooting went to the wind after that......lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!  I just picked up my first AK, a NPAP, a month ago.  Love shooting this thing, maybe even a bit more than my AR.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]
My NPAP is a shooter for sure. It will be going with me to the range tomorrow ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my NPAP also.  I have over 1000 rds thru it now. Runs like a top. No hiccups whatsoever
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I cut 1-1/4" off the butt end of the stock and made it more "warsaw" length. It shoulders perfectly for me now with my nose right at the receiver (Im shorter with short arms and the long stock wasnt working for me)
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cut 1-1/4" off the butt end of the stock and made it more "warsaw" length. It shoulders perfectly for me now with my nose right at the receiver (Im shorter with short arms and the long stock wasnt working for me)
View Quote

I ended up cutting 1" off mine as well....did the trick!

My wife thought I was nuts taking a circular saw to my new rifle....lol Turned out perfect....cant tell it was cut.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
^ Haha. Nice!  Glad it worked out for you!
I was just out shooting mine on saturday. Going on 1300 rds now and running like a top.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

haha.....I hear ya!

Took me about 9 shots to sight it in at 25 meters.....Im pretty shocked at the accuracy even using Tula ammo. Im putting 3 shot groups with 1" at 25 meters. I didn't get a chance to stretch it out because I started practicing 3 round bursts....All serious shooting went to the wind after that......lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha.....I hear ya!

Awesome OP on your new AK. I also am new to the AK world. I got a yugo underfolder last year, and i love it. And as far as accuracy goes, mine is awesome. I took it out yesterday just to confirm my zero, and i am really impressed with how well this underfolder shoots. I was able to constantly hit the 200 yard steel plates with no problems, 300 yards also wasn't that difficult to do & with iron sights. From 25, 50 & 100 yards & was able to keep all my shots on paper.

I'll try to post a pic of the paper target later.  

Whoever said AKs aren't accurate is just plain wrong IMHO.

" />

My local range on Memorial Day.

" />

" />

I was really just out for a fun day at the range. I zeroed this the second time I took this gun out, I didn't think I had gotten it this close. I have never zeroed an AK before. I thought I was going to have to do some sight adjustments, but it ended-up being perfect for me. I also wasn't expecting the groups that I got on paper, so on the 25 & 50 yard stuff I was just pulling the trigger. But after I saw what I did on the 50 yard, I decided to try to be somewhat serious on the 100 yard mark.

" />

Here was the best group- 3 rounds touching on the 50 yard line.

& here is the head shot. Both the 25 & 50 groups are about the same.
" />

I shot 4 rounds at the head at the 25, 50 & 100 yard lines. I missed one shot on the 100 yard line.

But almost got a "Bullseye" on the 100 yard line.
" />

At the 100 yard line I focused more, took my time & attempted to be as accurate as I could squeeze out of myself that day. I shot 5 rounds at the torso area & 4 rounds at the head. Not that impressive, but at least on paper except for one round.

" />

Also really happy with the Magpul AK mags. But, not that I have any previous AK mag experience to compare them too.

And also, hitting the 200 & 300 yard steel plates was also fairly easy to accomplish. With some more range time, I know I can get the groups smaller. I'm going to bring this to a 2 gun shooting match tomorrow, I'm gunna most likely come in dead last, but it will be fun for sure!

I don't mean to "Highjack" this thread from the OP, but trying to share in the joy of being a new AK shooter.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top